teamo

Casual User
Oct 21, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
1975 Corvette Coupe
Hi All,​
Rebuilding my heater box and there is a sheet metal part that is not on my box that is shown in multiple photos online. I also have a spare box that I purchased for parts and the part is not on that one either. The box pictured below is from an internet picture. The piece that I am referring to is the rusty sheet metal part that is covering half of the opening to the flap door.
1605453601351.png

Hi All,​
Rebuilding my heater box and there is a sheet metal part that is not on my box that is shown in multiple photos online. I also have a spare box that I purchased for parts and the part is not on that one either. The box pictured below is from an internet picture. The piece that I am referring to is the rusty sheet metal part that is covering half of the opening to the flap door.View attachment 45514

My guess is it's some sort of baffle or deflector when your heater door is opened part or all the way. Here's a C3 core that just has a small strip there. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

heater core.png

Hello Teamo. I know the post is a few months old but I wondered if you ever figured out what that rusty piece was for? Had my 69 core out for replacement recently and it was not there either and I couldn't figure out what it could possible be for. I had the movable door and that was all. That thing wouldn't even slow down the mice

Hello Teamo. I know the post is a few months old but I wondered if you ever figured out what that rusty piece was for? Had my 69 core out for replacement recently and it was not there either and I couldn't figure out what it could possible be for. I had the movable door and that was all. That thing wouldn't even slow down the mice
I never did find out exactly what is was used for. As suggested it is probably a baffle of some sort for air flow. I rebuilt and installed the box as is. Car is still not running yet but everything is back in place on the heater core and evaporator boxes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.