Tim C.

Regular
You're 5
Aug 22, 2015
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2006 Coupe
If anyone can help, heat is coming from the motor on my C5 with all my gauges off. Is there anyway of correcting this?
Thks

Tim C.

Tim my C5 does not have this problem. I have had on occasion had the A/C go "wonky" but it has only happened once or twice blowing hot air out. Under the battery there are a number of vacuum tubes that run the A/C heating system. Can you see any sign of that the battery has been leaking into the compartment under the battery itself?

I must say this seem very odd. Wish I could add more to this discussion. I do have the manuals if I can copy anything for you.

Good luck.

Just a thought but where was the air directed when you last shut the heat/cold controls off? Air will still come out of the vents when you are driving, even with everything off. If the system was last blowing on your feet before turning it off and the flap that controls the hot/cold air isn't moving and is stuck on hot, that could be the reason for the hot air.
Another question, if you turn on the AC, does the AC work or does it still blow hot air? Can you go from cold to hot? Can you change the fan to blow out of the vents, floor, and defrost, or does it only blow out by your feet? This will help us determine if your system is working properly.
Other than that, the floors/tunnel of the C5 get warm when driving as that is where the exhaust is routed. If you want to keep the interior colder, you can install kits to add insulation.

Get a heat shield from 'Eliteengineering' like I have, big difference.

frank

JETZTP_zps07f399b2.jpg

b710b253-ce6e-4000-ac5b-d66033cedc06_zpstc1ggtv8.png

If anyone can help, heat is coming from the motor on my C5 with all my gauges off. Is there anyway of correcting this?
Thks

Tim C.

The tunnel plate and insulation is a great general fix but not your answer if you have a heat control flap that's not closing properly. I'm guessing unless this car is brand new to you, you would have noticed it before if it was ambiant tunnel heat. I'm going with a heat system vacuum tube flap contoller or solenoid or something blocking a flap from closing... Had any mice invasions?