Apr 9, 2019
St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province
ON
Hey all, had her out today , beautiful day, like summer, but my headlights will not go down, even when the sun is shining. Never had this problem before, but I do have a B2605 code which I assume is the under the seat module which has now giving me problems as far as the memory is concerned. But was wondering if this would have anything to do with with the headlights going down in the day time. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
On my 74 Stingray years ago I believe the lights were operated on a vacuum line to make them go up and down. Not positive though. If they are get someone to operate them while you listen for an air leak under the hood. Hope you figure it out.

C5 lights work on electric motor. With hood up you should be able to reach a knob on the side of the light motor to move them manually. It's been a long time since my C5 went and other will probably chime in with better advice. Might be the plastic gears in the light motor went. Common problem for the C5

I took her for a ride , was nice and sunny out, and the headlights went down as they should, don't figure. I wonder if having the windows all tinted, and when I came home from a buddies, the car was parked in the shade, and just did not go down after starting her up. He lives just around the corner and it was cloudy out, so maybe it was not sunny enough, who knows, it works now and she is put to bed for the winter.

With any electrical issues, I recommend to clean the main electrical connectors on our cars. Here is a picture of their locations. As you state, the sensor may have just not had enough light. I swapped my headlights out to fixed units about 10 years ago, so I am not that experienced with the factory headlights anymore.
C5ZO6pictures012.jpg

Where is that light sensor located? would love to disconnect it, but I heard it can only be done if you have an American made C5 corvettes.
In Canada the only choice you have to make your headlights manual, is to pull relay #44 in the fuse panel under the passenger mat. It saves wear and tear on the plastic gears that wear out too soon any way. Then when you pull in and out of a dark garage you headlights won't pop up and down for no good reason. And in your case solve your headlight issues because of window tint. Just have to remember to turn on your headlights when it starts to get dark. Easy to forget about when you are used to a daily driver doing that automatically.

I do do have a led bulb in the low headlight , so by pulling #44 relay will that system still work? or will that only work if they are both halogens?
The #44 fuse controls ONLY the pop up headlights...it doesn't matter if the lights are LED, Non LED or even have no headlights at all. It just stops the lights from coming up automatically when low light is encountered.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.