xlr8r

Power User
Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
Anyone know if there's a chance to update C6 headlights to include some LED lights in the housing? I've searched, but to no avail. It might freshen the look up nicely--the lines are still great, and this update would really modernize the look IMO.

If nobody is doing it yet, someone should be, haha.

Never seen them. You can always bug George at radio flyer innovations to see if he is developing such a product. I think he is coming out with something like this for the C5.

I've been thinking about the halos Crusher. Think the orange would look great with the orange car but I'm nervous about putting my headlight assemblies in the oven to soften the glue to open them up!

I've seen these before. I like the idea of them, let me know if you purchase, as I'd most definantly want to see them.

I'm more thinking of an entire headlight unit--housing and all--that would have some of the LEDs that you see on newer Mercedes, Ferraris, even Chryslers etc. they replace normal daytime running lights. The new C7s have them.

If anyone is curious, Angel Eyes can be made easily enough yourself. Take a CLEAR window blind tilt rod, score it every 1/4" so that it can be made into a circle. Add an LED light to the ends. VOILA. BMW style headlight. (they look great on a motorcycle)

It's been a while that I am looking to had led to the headlight. I am not an Audi fan but there lightning system is awsome, you can spot them from far. As soon I finish my home theater project, I will try to find a used headlight assembly and transform it to use the leds as drl

Would make it three, but only if removing the headlight housing and the install is easy to get proper alignment afterwards.

Thanks for the vid! Great music.

It's been a while that I am looking to had led to the headlight. I am not an Audi fan but there lightning system is awsome, you can spot them from far. As soon I finish my home theater project, I will try to find a used headlight assembly and transform it to use the leds as drl

I ordered the Halos this week. Here's a couple of vids on the install. Not the easiest install but well worth it IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIfVSiQVlRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB-AOTNraj4

8_zps0283e158.jpg

Yes--any comments how they are still going after a little while?

I'm really liking that look! Add some smaller LEDs around the bottom and outside, and we got ourselves a COMPLETE updated look for the front-end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.