Featured Thread

HarleyLS2

Casual User
Oct 29, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2007
I ordered a set of Headlight Lens + Gaskets recently and would like to share my thoughts. My headlight lens were in terrible condition and actually had spider cracks all along the inside of the lens. To top it off they were hazey and yellow and did not look good at all.

I decided to purchase a set of eBay lens + gaskets and was actually surprised on how they turned out. I did some research and read there were a lot of complaints regarding the quality and fitment of the gasket that were included in the eBay set. In my opinion the gaskets supplied worked but they were not anywhere near as thick as the OEM gaskets. If you have a chance just stick to the OEM gaskets if you can but the gaskets that were included in my kit did the job just fine. The install itself was fairly straight forward I do have to admit baking the headlights in the oven in order to separate them gave me a little anxiety but it went over fairly well. With the headlights removed I set the oven to 235F and put the headlights in there for roughly 14 minutes and was able to pry them apart with ease. I removed everything that I could uninstall ( bulbs, wiring, ballast ). The left over residue was probably the most annoying part of the process as it was pretty tough to get off after being there for 12 years . I'd recommend any one who does try this to invest in some Ratchet bar clamps these will help you tremendously with the install of the new lens to ensure a tight seal is made. I left the clamps on it for the whole night and reinstalled the headlights the next morning. Time will tell on how these hold up, its been a couple of days now and I have washed the car a few times already no complaints at all on quality of the lens so far. Overall the job itself was fairly straight forward but definitely not something I would look forward to doing again.

Comparison:

I also had a chance to pick up a nice set of OEM C7 Stingray Rims from a very nice gentlemen on here and swapped those onto the car to. Car is lowered on factory bolts all the way

Before:

Hover Car:

After

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.