Hi Ron, welcome to the forum.
Just saw your post from a couple of weeks back. I can try to help you if you are still at the same point. Can you tell me if you have the buckets apart or the buckets are still on the car?
I'm assuming by bearing, you are mean the brass ID of the pivot ball that rides on the shaft. I have never heard of that happening, although I guess it is possible. Usually, the problem with most headlight bucket assemblies (assuming motor is ok) is the old dried up white grease that most people used 30 years ago. Usually, you will get alot of resistance and seizing between the outer pivot ball and the housing.
Here are a couple of pics of mine which were not seized but definately struggling. If you have a setup like mine, a dissassembly, good cleaning, new felts, and proper lubrication will do the trick. If your pivot ball is indeed seized, I would spray some Releaseall in there and repeat until you feel it loosening up. I would not recommend any nylon bearings for the rebuild. I used Kleen Flo Synthetic dielectric grease on the shafts, and a synthetic bearing grease on the outer ball and housing.
Either way, you will need to remove your buckets, that will not be fun!
Cheers
Luke

DSC04953.JPGDSC04959.JPGDSC06257.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread