xlr8r

Power User
Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
Guys (and gals).

What's your recommendation for some headers on my 2005 'Vette? Size? Long-tube? I figured I'd do the headers before the tips. I want long-tube to eliminate the need for my cats. I think they're wearing down, so might as well start the exhaust project instead of buying new cats.

Want to keep the car streetable, and intend on doing cat/axel back exhaust shortly after (mor for sound than anything).

I don't want to lose too much of my low-end power with the new system either.

I know nothing about headers, so opinions are welcome!

Cheers!

Guys (and gals).

What's your recommendation for some headers on my 2005 'Vette? Size? Long-tube? I figured I'd do the headers before the tips. I want long-tube to eliminate the need for my cats. I think they're wearing down, so might as well start the exhaust project instead of buying new cats.

Want to keep the car streetable, and intend on doing cat/axel back exhaust shortly after (mor for sound than anything).

I don't want to lose too much of my low-end power with the new system either.

I know nothing about headers, so opinions are welcome!

Cheers!

LG Streets 1 3/4 and I can hook ya up :D

Thx
Manny

Manny can fill you in on the best system for your application. Unfortunately you are even farther away from him than I am!!!

Sounds like you have your priorities on straight. My only concern with eliminating the cats is fumes. We have one member locally (but the engine is modified) that has a full exhaust with no cats and he hates driving it slowly or in his underground parking because of the smell and it makes his eyes water, so I would probably suggest to try to add high flow cats to the initial mod list. Unless, because your engine is stock you won't have the same issues.

gonna show my age but,...... last time i bought a set of headers they were $150 hahaha for a 74 trans am

OK Manny.

Hook me up.

Mods--I've made another post in another section explaining something like this. I need new cats, and want to know my options. Feel free to merge the threads. Manny, can you read the other post and send me a PM wioth your recomendation?

Ryley makes a good point. I think I'd like some high-flow cats on my next exhaust. Headers aren't totally necessary--right now I want sound and function over gains. That being said, I want something where I can throw the headers on later.

Cheers!

Just be aware that there is a hefty fine for removing ANY smog related equipment here in Ontario. Before we sold our '69 L78 Chevelle, I installed a repro smog pump system and exhaust manifolds. That way I could drive with peace of mind. The car ran about the same either way. You would have to take the car to a dyno shop or strip to measure the difference. The MOT has been out there checking cars, especially the older ones, for a couple of years now. If you have a newer Corvette that appears to be modded, they might just give it a look at too. Not cats is a pretty obvious change. They really are taking the fun out of tinkering with the cars. That is one of the reasons for us to sell the Chevelles and go to the newer Corvette. Much better performance than the L78 and I didn't have to do a thing. What's not to like.

I can't see any reason for anyone to run without cats . The exhaust stinks like rotten eggs if you don't have cats .
All of our headers systems come complete with cats and x-pipe ready to bolt up to your existing muffler or aftermarket sytems .

I can send you a complete LG Street Series header package complete :
1 3/4 primarys
High flow cats
X-pipe
All clamps needed

Shipped to your door for $1850.00

I have the LG Streets on my 2008 with the high flow cats and the Corsa Extreme Cat back , ( installed by Manny ) and it is by far the best thing I have done to thecar so far. Love the sound ( Although some say is loud ) If there is one person I can recommend it is Manny he has always treated me right . And ven better his prices are always the best as well A win win thing for me. And as luck would have it he is not all that far from me either

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.