Is it possible to put it into a 2008 corvette with out much trouble?
Our 2005 has the HUD and honestly, I seldom even look at it. There are times when the sun shines on the glass and I can not read the HUD. Our car has the memory mirrors and memory seats and my wife and I use that option every time one of us gets into the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
So I’m a little late to the conversation but here’s my two cents. I acquired my 08 in early October this year. Decided immediately I wanted to install HUD and SWC and “old” Nav unit which my base 2LT obviously didn’t arrive with from the factory.
Assembling the parts new over a period of weeks became impossible. First was a Steering Wherl from a 2011 with SWC, then I got a pristine used Nav unit from a 2011 Car in BC. Next came the gps antennae from a 2012 car in the US. Then the HUD itself from a wrecked 2012 also in the US. Got wiring from online Company in US and switch from my GM dealer. Now don’t slam me for trying to keep my car OEM and not installing a new Head. Remember it’s my monies and time to waste. It will happen eventually ! Lol
The HUD install was a bit of fun. Lots of install videos and knowledge base to draw from in various forums. And I’m happy to report it works ! And it’s quite bright ! (In my garage anyways ! Lol)
Here’s my short anology of the install. Stereo was easy. It went the theftlock immediately but I purchased a tech2 programmer and got it reprogrammed to my Vin. That was fun !
The HUD install itself was probably 6 hours for me. Took my time over a period of weeks (work, life, retirement got in the way 👍).
Notched the two tabs for easier install. Etc etc. the funny part was the wiring. Mixed up two wires and accidentally grounded the data stream from the Nav unit and got some very funny results. Got that fixed up and just finished putting it all back together and it appears to be functioning very well. Next I will wait for new clock spring and run the three wires to radio for SWC. I think I still have to tie in a wire from console for “time of arrival” to work but might not worry about that. It’s doubtful I will really use the NAV just wanted to keep OEM accessories. Bluetooth obviously won’t work because my Onstar VCIM is not from an 09-10 “Bluetooth” car. Those units are just silly how much wreckers want for them. Anyways… if I can do it, anyone can do it. 👍

HUD units require a different windshield that reflects back onto the driver. A regular windshield does work, but is not as bright/clear.
I had replaced my windshield in my 09 with an OEM GM one that was stamped HUD/NAV.
Glad this set up works for you.

I’ve heard many different opinions about this. Some people say it’s fine. I honestly can’t believe the clarity on mine. I was expecting much worse. Maybes it’s my “trifocal lenses ?” Lol
I’m not overly concerned. It’s a “gadget”. It was a good project to start me off in this car 👍

So I’m a little late to the conversation but here’s my two cents. I acquired my 08 in early October this year. Decided immediately I wanted to install HUD and SWC and “old” Nav unit which my base 2LT obviously didn’t arrive with from the factory.
Assembling the parts new over a period of weeks became impossible. First was a Steering Wherl from a 2011 with SWC, then I got a pristine used Nav unit from a 2011 Car in BC. Next came the gps antennae from a 2012 car in the US. Then the HUD itself from a wrecked 2012 also in the US. Got wiring from online Company in US and switch from my GM dealer. Now don’t slam me for trying to keep my car OEM and not installing a new Head. Remember it’s my monies and time to waste. It will happen eventually ! Lol
The HUD install was a bit of fun. Lots of install videos and knowledge base to draw from in various forums. And I’m happy to report it works ! And it’s quite bright ! (In my garage anyways ! Lol)
Here’s my short anology of the install. Stereo was easy. It went the theftlock immediately but I purchased a tech2 programmer and got it reprogrammed to my Vin. That was fun !
The HUD install itself was probably 6 hours for me. Took my time over a period of weeks (work, life, retirement got in the way 👍).
Notched the two tabs for easier install. Etc etc. the funny part was the wiring. Mixed up two wires and accidentally grounded the data stream from the Nav unit and got some very funny results. Got that fixed up and just finished putting it all back together and it appears to be functioning very well. Next I will wait for new clock spring and run the three wires to radio for SWC. I think I still have to tie in a wire from console for “time of arrival” to work but might not worry about that. It’s doubtful I will really use the NAV just wanted to keep OEM accessories. Bluetooth obviously won’t work because my Onstar VCIM is not from an 09-10 “Bluetooth” car. Those units are just silly how much wreckers want for them. Anyways… if I can do it, anyone can do it. 👍
You're a hero and automotive masacist, I salute you, that's quite the undertaking.

I have the OEM Nav and rather than replacing it, I updated it to the lastest firmware, updated the maps, and added a iSimple Bluetooth/Aux unit. The factor Nav while old tech is quite useable with upated maps, plus it's neat how it shows direction on the HUD. If you're looking Bluetooth, I've been happy with the iSimple, which I've documented in another thread. While not technically stock, the unit plugs into the factory harness behind the Nav unit with no cutting or splicing, and is not visible. You don't even have to mount the supplied mic, you can splice into the factory voice activation/Onstar mic.

I have the HUD, I thought it was going to be a gimick from the short drives I've done in other HUD cars, but I use it regularly, and an convinced it's saved me from excessively speeding multiple times.

Thanks for the compliment … I think 😉
So like you I got a copy of latest map updates so I’m leaving in 2014 ! Lol
But all kidding aside I like your idea of the Bluetooth. Might take that on this winter as well. Thanks for the info … cheers 🍻

Reactions: Creedence85
I'm living in 2016, I got the last map release. I'm still looking for a hover conversion though.

Factory Bluetooth only does calling but aftermarket units like this will also do audio streaming.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread