Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
I have placed an order for a C8: HTC, 2LT, AH2, E60, FA5, FE2, NPP and Q8T. I am thinking that I should also get the Z51 pkg. which includes three of the options I have chosen even though I will not track this car. I am basing this decision on this UT video which made sense to me:

The price difference would not be that great at all. I'd love comments from those that have and ordered a new C8. Thank you!!

I didn't order the Z51 because I didn't want a wing. I liked the electronic diff and the mag ride, but couldn't order either without the Z51.
I don't miss either either (eether eyether) lol
Well for 2022 you have the option of a low profile spoiler and front splitter - comes as a pkg. and you can order the MRC as well without Z51. I have had MRC on 3 of my corvettes and it is worth the money. I do not like the spoiler options when ordering the Z51; but, now, there is a nice low profile one available - was concerned about getting golf clubs in the car - LOL. You can't miss what you never experience? Enjoy your car - love the torch red. Was a color consideration for me - went with rapid blue. Thanks for your reply Murray.:Cheers2:

Well for 2022 you have the option of a low profile spoiler and front splitter - comes as a pkg. and you can order the MRC as well without Z51. I have had MRC on 3 of my corvettes and it is worth the money. I do not like the spoiler options when ordering the Z51; but, now, there is a nice low profile one available - was concerned about getting golf clubs in the car - LOL. You can't miss what you never experience? Enjoy your car - love the torch red. Was a color consideration for me - went with rapid blue. Thanks for your reply Murray.:Cheers2:
I agree. Just ordered mine . No Z51 but added the new low spoiler/ splitter option.

Ya, I might have got the mag ride if I could in 2020, but even the low wing might get in the way. I'm 69 and find the lid awkward getting it in the trunk without my gut (not that I have one) touching the car. So depending on age / strength / agility one may have difficulty getting clubs in the trunk, but with care it should be fairly easy even with the Z51 wing.

I agree. Just ordered mine . No Z51 but added the new low spoiler/ splitter option.
Great. What color? Options? I figure for the cost differential, I may change my order as I ordered same and NPP which are included in the Z51 pkg. BTW love the Mustang GT - they did a great job with it. I bought a 2007 new Shelby GT 500 in between corvettes ( on my 5th).

Great. What color? Options? I figure for the cost differential, I may change my order as I ordered same and NPP which are included in the Z51 pkg. BTW love the Mustang GT - they did a great job with it. I bought a 2007 new Shelby GT 500 in between corvettes ( on my 5th).
2022 Coupe 2lt, Torch red, GT1 natural, NPP exhaust, gray trident wheels, red calipers, low wing.
Sold the Mustang and got great money. It was a 2017 base model. I added a VMP blower headers and a few things. Iy was quite quick. Got all my money back after 4 yrs. Crazy times.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Unbelievable! My C7 is selling for 33% above last year's price. A 2014 C7 stingray vert with less options than mine is in my dealers show room - asking $65K. I ordered the same wheels as you and red brake calipers HTC. Looks like I will add the Z51?

Reactions: Murray20c8
I have the Z51 and no regrets. I must confess I’ve not driven a non-Z51 Vette to compare, and I have no plans on tracking the car, but this probably being my one and only sports car ever, I figured I might as well get it. I have the MRC and it’s fabulous! The front lift also was a must have for me
I think I'll get the Z51 - just because the guy in the UT clip sold me - LOL.

Here is my car. I did finally added the Z51 pkg. with the other options.

Attachments

• c8.png
    c8.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 14
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.