Sep 9, 2019
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
SL550 MB :-)
Province
ON
I am asking this as I would like to know because I am thinking of getting a solid body colour, and I would possibly begetting the Nacelles and roof wrapped not in the Carbon Flash. So I am seeing if anyone has seen them in person that there is a separate piece for the Nacelle where wrap can be tucked under.

I hope some of you folks get a build pick up this week!

Cheers,

Kevin

body color looks fantastic 🔫
83771686_185141582895263_6289573652500284550_n_1_3d545fb3bb284eba0cba27b337800e1ef0361aae.jpg

Looks washed out in that picture. Any of the Sebring orange C7's I have seen in lots of different lights are not nearly as faded... This is more realistic IMO

1581547377007.png

If they have a vert I will try to take some detailed shots. I know the C8 was first shown in Montreal, but according to some people I talked to the Toronto Show is dubbed as the "Official Launch". Hoping they will have a convertible plus a coupe if that's the case.
Gracias! As well have a blast!

True but both sebring orange...I was only commenting on the colour looking faded... you can't be saying the vert sb and the coupe sb are a different colour?
Oh my main concern was the Nacelles themselves not so much the body colour :) I am sorry if I have created any confusion :) It is about seeing if there is a separation in the Nacelles from the rest of the rear body panel to see if there is a small gap to do a tuck on wrapping.

Cheers,

Kevin

I posted the one picture to this thread that shows the best shot of the door and the parts. You can zoom in if like to the image and I think it is clear that these are bolt on parts. I think that a skilled wrap guy could apply to these perhaps even without removing them but looks like they should be removable too. They have to be attached after the car is painted its primary colour.

I posted the one picture to this thread that shows the best shot of the door and the parts. You can zoom in if like to the image and I think it is clear that these are bolt on parts. I think that a skilled wrap guy could apply to these perhaps even without removing them but looks like they should be removable too. They have to be attached after the car is painted its primary colour.
Great pic .... The Nacelle is not part of the coupe design...the nacelle is the extension that comes out from behind the driver and the passenger on the convertible

Attachments

• Corvette Stingray 2020(46).jpg
    Corvette Stingray 2020(46).jpg
    168 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20200213-100027.jpg
    Screenshot_20200213-100027.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20200213-100128.jpg
    Screenshot_20200213-100128.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 23
I'm pretty sure the there is no gap on the nacelles where you can tuck wrap under. I believe they are part of the whole rear assembly that goes up and down. There should be a crease line, but not a gap to tuck wrap under. He would have to do a fine cut along the crease line. I ultimately decided on getting my roof and nacelles painted black from the factory because I was worried about engine heat on the wrap when top down.

Reactions: OttawaKev
I'm pretty sure the there is no gap on the nacelles where you can tuck wrap under. I believe they are part of the whole rear assembly that goes up and down. There should be a crease line, but not a gap to tuck wrap under. He would have to do a fine cut along the crease line. I ultimately decided on getting my roof and nacelles painted black from the factory because I was worried about engine heat on the wrap when top down.
Good thoughts .... hummmm now what about the effects on the roof interior as that would also be subjected to heat ????

Gracias! As well have a blast!
Sparro....at the VIP could you ask a question about heat and if they think it would effect a wrap when the roof is retracted? I bet they would maybe be ....humm we never thought of that....or they might even know what the temperatures can reach in the clised position....that would be very cool !!!!

Reactions: Sparro
Great pic .... The Nacelle is not part of the coupe design...the nacelle is the extension that comes out from behind the driver and the passenger on the convertible

Haha. Shame on me. I thought it was the side air scoops. Never owned a convertible. My apologies.

Reactions: OttawaKev
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.