airwilf

2 You're 10
Feb 15, 2009
Beamsville Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
Still looking
a Borla, Corsa or similar aftermarket exhaust system (cat-back)Was wondering if it's worth the $$ ,or if there is any net gain or loss.Had Corsas on my ex 02 (now Obseshon Mark's car) & liked them a lot.Comments/advice pls.

Last edited:
NPP? I do not know what NPP is. I have Borlas and would never go back to stock. I would try different brands however if you do not like the gurgle that Borlas make on deceleration, or the drone on the highway.

Do you currently have a factory NPP system? From what I hear the NPP exhaust, (or aftermarket) is not worth the hassle or the cost of putting on a car didn't originally have one. Complexity, effort and limited benefits are the main down falls.

If you already have a factory NPP and want aftermarket - I'd go with the Corsas. Saw a few being installed at Bloomington Gold and they sounded great. :coolgleam:

I have the NPP option & am trying to figure out if it's worth the $$ to go back to Corsa like I had on my ex C5.Was very happy with the Corsa Indy System on the C5.The Npp does roar beyond 4000 RPM (approx) & will roar all the time if I remove the fuse,which I haven't tried yet- but have seen & heard.It's LOUD!!

I think that exhaust system sound is truly a personal preference. The Corsa is by far the best aftermarket system when it comes to sound and no resonance. Whether ther would be a performance gain over the NPP is yet to be determined.

Pull the fuse and drive it for a while Wilf and see if you like it....

Take care,
Brian

I have the NPP option & am trying to figure out if it's worth the $$ to go back to Corsa like I had on my ex C5.Was very happy with the Corsa Indy System on the C5.The Npp does roar beyond 4000 RPM (approx) & will roar all the time if I remove the fuse,which I haven't tried yet- but have seen & heard.It's LOUD!!

If u do move your NPP's let me know what u want for them!

Frank

Npp

Riley.... I believe the NPP exhaust system is the dual mode exhaust that comes standard on the Z06. Under certain conditions, ie: 3500 rpm and some others, a valve opens allowing an almost straight thru exhast. There are aftermarket switches available that will allow you to change to either mode with a switch. This switch has been referred to as the 'Man Switch'. I like it. I feel that there are times I would like to go a little more unoticed and then again, I love the sound of the wide open. Most oftern, I'm on the LOUD position.

I had Corsas installed on my Grandsport when Lingenfelter did their magic on it and it sounded great! But.... there is a caveat here.... it was a little more than loud going through town, even at slow speeds. I love the new system on my Z06 because I can have it both ways!:D

Terry

Thanks Terry. That is what I figured it was after reading a few of the posts. Hahaha, man switch. That is a good one. I was thinking about the electric cut outs on my old car. Dang would that be awesome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.