May 3, 2018
Aurora
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
Was wondering how big the cavity is where the PDR unit would normally be located. I have the base C7 with no PDR and wondered how much room (width/depth/height) is in that little enclosure. I have an old Go-Pro which is quite small, and can relocate the lens to a different spot on the body. I'm willing to do surgery on the Go-Pro and remove housing, etc. if I can make it fit.

Thanks!

L.L.C.

There are several large modules/computers, including the PDR under the carpet by passenger foot area. I believe it is the body ecm, radio/entertainment ecm and pdr ecm modules on the passenger arear if I remember correctly. I had to access these while installing my Navtool carplay/video module.

• Informative
Reactions: YFCvii
I plead guilty to not being clear with my question. My reference was to the small housing at the top of the windshield directly in front of the inside rear view mirror with the small open port facing forward. I was told that is where the PDR camera resides. In C7’s without the PDR system that cavity is empty from what I can see.

My Stingray was a surprise retirement gift a couple of years ago, and my sons who ordered it didn’t request the option that included a PDR. I wanted to see if I could McGyver a front facing camera using a Go-Pro camera I have, but only if the camera cavity is large enough to fit a stripped down Go-Pro.

Before I dismantle that upper cover to examine it I thought I’d see if any members had previously removed it for any reason and could give me an idea of the measurements inside the housing. I could likely do the same function with a regular dash cam but they look like such an out of place “add-on”.

L.L.C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread