charles2010

Casual User
Ontario You're Celebrated
May 21, 2019
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Good day,

I am looking to find a qualified (??) shop to replace a vibrating Harmonic Balancer on a 2007 C6 LS2 Corvette. I am in the Maple, Ontario area but willing to travel to a good shop -- anyone have suggestions?

Second, when one observes the wobbling -- as I understand this is a true sign of a problem, how concerned should one be, does this mean you have to act immediately? I certainly will change it, and want to, I want to know what the impact or 'true' concern someone should have, could one drive say 1000 km's on it and nothing drastic will happen or this is really impossible to say since one would have to see the extent of the wobble or take apart the car / engine to get to the part and check visually ?

I ask this as the car is located elsewhere and has to travel for several hours distance - is this a danger?

Thank you for your time
Charles2010

Good day,

I am looking to find a qualified (??) shop to replace a vibrating Harmonic Balancer on a 2007 C6 LS2 Corvette. I am in the Maple, Ontario area but willing to travel to a good shop -- anyone have suggestions?

Second, when one observes the wobbling -- as I understand this is a true sign of a problem, how concerned should one be, does this mean you have to act immediately? I certainly will change it, and want to, I want to know what the impact or 'true' concern someone should have, could one drive say 1000 km's on it and nothing drastic will happen or this is really impossible to say since one would have to see the extent of the wobble or take apart the car / engine to get to the part and check visually ?

I ask this as the car is located elsewhere and has to travel for several hours distance - is this a danger?

Thank you for your time
Charles2010
I would not recommend driving the car very far. A wobbling HB can cause extra wear on bearings and could result in more major engine damage. You are less than 100 km from RaceReady garage in Cambridge (226) 887-7103). They are a great Corvette shop. Give Dave or Nigel a call and ask their opinion if you can drive the car that far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread