Picked up my 70th Anniversary Special Edition C8 today! High Wing to follow as it didn't come with the car unfortunately...

The suede interior is superb! I love the colors, feel and finish. The luggage is damn nice.

Spec:
Z51 + Mag Ride
Two roofs...Carbon Fiber and Transparent
Stealth interior
Blk tips...which actually makes a different exhaust sound. I didn't believe it but it sounds different.

PXL_20221017_201059299.jpg

PXL_20221017_201111931.jpg

PXL_20221017_201205397.jpg

PXL_20221017_210838957.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20221017_212040964.jpg
    PXL_20221017_212040964.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Picked up my 70th Anniversary Special Edition C8 today! High Wing to follow as it didn't come with the car unfortunately...

The suede interior is superb! I love the colors, feel and finish. The luggage is damn nice.

Spec:
Z51 + Mag Ride
Two roofs...Carbon Fiber and Transparent
Stealth interior
Blk tips...which actually makes a different exhaust sound. I didn't believe it but it sounds different.

View attachment 101788
View attachment 101789
View attachment 101790
View attachment 101791
View attachment 101792
Sweet looker. Congrats.

GREAT looking ride! (looks very familiar; lol)

A few things that might be of interest to you (or maybe not):

1. if you want to order another duplicate set of rims for different tires, they're now off constraint and available from the States (10 to 14 business days to me in AB)

2. should you wish to get rid of the visor warning labels, you can do so with the Alcantara (aka "suede") interior and here's a ++ helpful YouTube video guide below. Make sure and read the comments below the video, plus you can buy the recommended Wurth solvent from Ontario:

3. the business that PPF'd and ceramic coated mine, used a different type of PPF over the body stripe, to ensure its colour remained the same. They initially didn't want to cover it but I said I wanted it protected as well, so they found a way

4. black lug nuts are available but currently on back order. The black locking lug kit is available

5. I ordered the taillight overlays from Paragon Performance, to compliment the black exterior colour. They don't cause a safety issue IMO and you'll see that on the Paragon website. They kill you on ship to Canada so best to mail them to a friend in the States. Here's a before then after photo of my C8:

C8 AE Taillights B4 Overlay.jpg C8 AE Taillights After Overlay.jpg

My neighbour says the black exhaust tips are louder than my 2020 C8 but I've yet to do the "side-by-side test" with another C8. I'm not sure since it's been over a year that I drove my 2020. I suspect however you're right since others have mentioned that.

If you do any mods to yours specific to the AE, please post on this thread. Congrats and enjoy!!! 👍👍👍

Reactions: JOHNNY MAC
Alright people, let's get a handle on what "Mods" are...

Wheels and tires
Suspension
Exhaust, Headers, Cats etc...
Horsepower
Horsepower
Horsepower

Lugs nutz, decal removal and tail light tints are Rice...

...and there is no phucking way that Mr. and Mrs. Phucking Kravitz is gonna run out of their house claiming that your stock black tipped exhaust is louder than your 2020 stock tipped exhaust unless they are trying to make a claim against you with your local Bylaw Office...

Alright people, let's get a handle on what "Mods" are...

Wheels and tires
Suspension
Exhaust, Headers, Cats etc...
Horsepower
Horsepower
Horsepower

Lugs nutz, decal removal and tail light tints are Rice...

...and there is no phucking way that Mr. and Mrs. Phucking Kravitz is gonna run out of their house claiming that your stock black tipped exhaust is louder than your 2020 stock tipped exhaust unless they are trying to make a claim against you with your local Bylaw Office...
Wheels and tires are NOT mods! They are usually aesthetic only. More like changing your socks to a different pattern.
Yes, mods, IMO, are anything that changes the performance. So lighter wheels or better tires could be called mods.

I'm skeptical that a different colour or material of the tips will make exhaust louder. Could change the note, yes, I could see that.

Wheels and tires are NOT mods! They are usually aesthetic only. More like changing your socks to a different pattern.
Yes, mods, IMO, are anything that changes the performance. So lighter wheels or better tires could be called mods.

I'm skeptical that a different colour or material of the tips will make exhaust louder. Could change the note, yes, I could see that.
Though I suppose one could place them in different categories. "Performance mods" and "Appearance mods"

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Alright I'm catching some flack on side chats, so I will add this to the list of Mods that are not Mods...

Tow Hooks
Tint
Battery Tender
Murray
Fender/Windshield Stickers...
I disagree!!
I am a PERFORMANCE mod!!

I'll encourage everyone to keep complimenting CamsC8's new car (lol).
And just to set off Jack Raccoon (and perhaps Murray) I define "mods" as anything different that MODifies or changes the original vehicle, so much more broadly. :Lurk5: :) :Lurk5:

Regardless, I'm interested if someone comes up with other "tasteful changes" to a black C8. I'm looking for more ways to throw away my money...

Reactions: Gilles27 and CamsC8
Now I've heard it all... black tipped exhaust is louder than the silver tipped exhaust... LoL
I have heard the same thing from my dealer. I have not heard the two side by side myself, but the dealer says that not only is the black top black, but it is shaped differently, more of a “flare” to it, making it sound different.
Again, I have not compared, but have been told this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread