Happy belated Birthday John. How's the C2 rebuild coming? Did you ever find a buyer for the 74? Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year as well.

Thanks Rruuff Day and a belated Merry Christmas to you.

The C2 rebuild went VERY slow this summer ... but I did get all the paint and primer off the body and that was a good thing as I found more areas that needed repairs. Did some small FG repairs but not all. Recently dropped the body back on the re-conditioned frame and have it sitting on dollies so I can push it up against the garage wall and get my wife's Cherokee in the garage for winter. Hope to get the body torqued down to specs today and then I'll re-install the doors and work on getting them aligned. Then I'll restart the fiberglass repairs. My plan this winter is to slide the C2 out from the wall when I need to work on that side. At least that's the plan. Really want to get it derivable in 2017!

Haven't sold the '74 yet. I've probably got 20 some calls on it and half of those were either scams or dealers that want me to list it with them as they're sure they can find a buyer right away ... right! I really don't mind just yet ... it's a blast to drive and I try to take it on a short dive at least every couple weeks, weather permitting. I've really got to find someone who isn't looking for a numbers matching stock '74, but someone who would appreciate the extra performance that the balanced and blueprinted LT-1 provides in a '74. So far just haven't found that combination. Happy New Years to you too. Take care ... John

Whooops! My apologies John! I had you mixed up with another member......I've never done that before. :bag:
Glad Eric cleared it up! sounds like the C2 is making progress and hopefully it's a go for 2017 as you stated.
I hope to not offend anyone but as for the '74, I'm surprised people would be searching for a numbers matching car....unless it was a 454 or something really rare as most people would probably be looking to add more power to the car. Personally, after buy a low mile, original, 81 Camaro with a 350 4-speed, I'm never going to buy something like that again. I couldn't do anything to the car without reducing its value. Anyway, hopefully the right customer will come around. It took my a while to find that person with my Camaro.

Ha ha ha ... no problem Riley ... you actually had me confused too, especially when you mentioned the guitar playing cause I do play the guitar but never remembered posting anything. I guess anyone familiar with Fender Stratocaster guitars could get that impression from my username. :) Seems like you and I think somewhat alike because when I first drove the '74 when I went to look at it, it was the engine sound and performance that really peaked my interest. :) I wouldn't keep a car since 1983 if it didn't really work for me.

Rruuff Day: Your'e C7 is looking fine ... If I can remember how I did it, I'll try to update my Album with current state of the '67 after I submit this :)

Reactions: Riley P
Thx John. Until We get Kentucky weather here in Alberta, she hibernates in the man cave.... But I do have coffee with her every morning before work...:Biggrin:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.