Being from the UK, I haven't a clue what any of this means! :Confused5:

I'm not gonna be a great help EF but will try. ICBC seems to be some weird company in the Province of British Columbia and if I understand it correctly, the entire province is required by Provincial law to buy their insurance from this, and only this supplier.... I may be off track here but I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me....

As far as my statement of "the clock ticking for Rachael", that is Alberta provincial politics...In a nutshell and trying really hard not to sound bitter, the population majority in the last election felt that the Conservative Party, who had been in power for 44 years needed a little scare to smarten them up.... Unfortunately, the scare tactic turned into a massacre and we ended up with not only a conservative party slaughter, but we now have Rachael Notley as Premier in what they call a New Democratic Party. Unfortunately, being a social democracy party and toeing the basic party line ideology that supports economic and social interventions to promote social justice, and having a huge majority in parliament, they cannot be stopped and are rapidly bankrupting what was once a financially successful province. In 718 days (next election), they will be thrown out on their a$$es but by then, the damage they will have inflicted will take a very long time to repair.... hmmmmmm.... I guess I failed at trying not to sound bitter... lol...

This has became a popular saying since 2015....
ndp.jpg

Reactions: YFCvii
I'm not gonna be a great help EF but will try. ICBC seems to be some weird company in the Province of British Columbia and if I understand it correctly, the entire province is required by Provincial law to buy their insurance from this, and only this supplier.... I may be off track here but I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me....

As far as my statement of "the clock ticking for Rachael", that is Alberta provincial politics...In a nutshell and trying really hard not to sound bitter, the population majority in the last election felt that the Conservative Party, who had been in power for 44 years needed a little scare to smarten them up.... Unfortunately, the scare tactic turned into a massacre and we ended up with not only a conservative party slaughter, but we now have Rachael Notley as Premier in what they call a New Democratic Party. Unfortunately, being a social democracy party and toeing the basic party line ideology that supports economic and social interventions to promote social justice, and having a huge majority in parliament, they cannot be stopped and are rapidly bankrupting what was once a financially successful province. In 718 days (next election), they will be thrown out on their a$$es but by then, the damage they will have inflicted will take a very long time to repair.... hmmmmmm.... I guess I failed at trying not to sound bitter... lol...

Oh boy ... oh boy ... it is really hard not to keep this going Eric ... this tea kettle is almost ready to whistle with you ..........
Like it had to be "NDP-type policy" that every kids' sports team should reward every player with a trophy regardless of outcome by not keeping score ...
But I do realize that the fall of Alberta PC had a Leader doing this stuff with her Daughter too.
Now these kids have become old enough to become elected officials that don't know how things really get "earned".
Oh ... I gotta stop ..... (Edith! where's my beer? ... Here y'go Archie ...)

Last edited:

This has became a popular saying since 2015....

A little off the thread,well maybe not... I saw a sign a few years ago that the PCs had littered all over Alberta after the floods. These signs were located at or near areas which were heavily damaged during 2013. One in particular at the entrance to the Nakiska ski area after,,,,,well after the old hag Allison Redford left Alberta in a mess, caught my eye... So much so,I had to take a pic of it. I'll see if SN-III can edit the " C " word out and then you can sense the frustration. Thanks for the edit SN-III.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.