Thank you so much for all the info. My basement is pretty dark and the light will be easy to control, it will certainly help. Epson is also what I was told to buy. What is the distance between your screen and where you will be seating. I will have about 15', I don't know what will be the best size to chose, I will have to dig a little more to make the right choice. The problem is that after asking 3 different shop, I have 3 very different options????not so easy. Thanks again , I do appreciate the info, your set up sure sound great

I am currently horizontal, so I'll get you the measurements tomorrow, If you have a dark basement room with the light easy to control I'd suggest a white screen. Next sizes down from mine I believe are 112" and 106". If you go to the screen section on Eastporters site and click on a screen it will lead you to a chart showing dimensions for all the screen sizes.

Rob, behind the screen is a TV mounted on the wall, I put the screen up when we have finished a movie and it stays up until the next "event". General TV viewing is still done on the plasma. If the TV ever dies I may not replace it.

Update...
Is anything ever really finished?

Seemingly not if I'm involved. :D

Screen is working perfectly, this summer we added a riser with a second row of seats. Today the Motorola gets swapped out for a TIVO setup (more on that when I know what I'm talking about)

Oh yes, pictures should be along soonish.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread