Hey XFire, I have my C5 insured through Hagerty, pay $500 per year all in for 2 Mill Liability and fully covered. Not too bad I dont think. I leave full Insurance on my car even when its stored in winter, but i guess if one wanted to save a few bucks off they could just keep vandalism, fire and theft on it during storage. I have no issues with them, and they send me an email full of car stuff every week to look at...lol Never had a claim (knock on wood) so I don't know what they are to deal with on that front, and likely do not want to find out.

Reactions: turbozig and Dub
Wow, I didn't even know you could do that. So for someone from Sask do you still need to purchase the plate and standard insurance through SGI, and then have the Hagerty over and above the standard SGI insurance, or is there an option to just get a plate through SGI and no insurance through them?

Wow, I didn't even know you could do that. So for someone from Sask do you still need to purchase the plate and standard insurance through SGI, and then have the Hagerty over and above the standard SGI insurance, or is there an option to just get a plate through SGI and no insurance through them?
Hey Dub...I can't help you there...here in NL we pay the Govt $180/yr for the vehicle registration and we have to insure privately.. no Govt issued insurance here. Maybe you can insure seperately, I wouldn't think that would be an issue since it will still be insured. Give them a call and see what they say.

Reactions: Dub
the plate from SGI if antique ( 30 years + ) you will get nothing for the car if written off which is about the value of a broken tail light. The special insurance like from Hagerty for classic cars will cover you for everything and they will pay full value of the appraised value of the car if they agreed to the value. My 82 just got appraised for 28K Hagerty agreed to it so that is what I will get if written off.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann and Dub
A couple of years ago, here in Ontario, my Hagerty experience was very good! My '68 AMX (insured at an agreed value of $14,000 for $120/yr) was written off when a guy left turned right in front of me. Hagerty appraiser wrote the car off and I was offered a cheque for $14,000, but asked about buying back the wreck. Was told $2500, so got the car and a cheque for $11,500. Found parts at a better price than Hagerty could, then had the good bodyshop, of my choice, fix all damage and beyond. They cleaned up some rust areas in none crash damaged areas, improved panel alignment and repainted the whole car. The whole car was better than before the accident and I had almost $1000 in my pocket!
All dealings with the Hagerty people over the phone were efficient and pleasant. I was very satisfied with my reps at Lant in Stouffville.

Does this inexpensive coverage with haggerty restrict the amt of mileage you roll up each year?
I'm still getting details but as I understand Hagerty then no fixed milage, as long as this is not your main vehicle that gets driven alot every day then some restrictions may apply, but otherwise they know we cruise and go to shows so that the classic is for.

A couple of years ago, here in Ontario, my Hagerty experience was very good! My '68 AMX (insured at an agreed value of $14,000 for $120/yr) was written off when a guy left turned right in front of me. Hagerty appraiser wrote the car off and I was offered a cheque for $14,000, but asked about buying back the wreck. Was told $2500, so got the car and a cheque for $11,500. Found parts at a better price than Hagerty could, then had the good bodyshop, of my choice, fix all damage and beyond. They cleaned up some rust areas in none crash damaged areas, improved panel alignment and repainted the whole car. The whole car was better than before the accident and I had almost $1000 in my pocket!
All dealings with the Hagerty people over the phone were efficient and pleasant. I was very satisfied with my reps at Lant in Stouffville.
......that is what I'm looking for, true feedback experience with Hagerty if they stand behind their word.

Reactions: Hotrodron
I have my 70 Vette insured thru them. I have agreed value coverage, which you name the value of your car and pay the premium on that amount. Hagerty also offers roadside assistance and towing which I have the platinum package, which also covers all the vehicles in your household, great deal. I have never had a claim, but extremely reasonable rates and always friendly to deal with. I would highly recommend to anyone with a old special interest vehicle. 👍👍

the plate from SGI if antique ( 30 years + ) you will get nothing for the car if written off which is about the value of a broken tail light. The special insurance like from Hagerty for classic cars will cover you for everything and they will pay full value of the appraised value of the car if they agreed to the value. My 82 just got appraised for 28K Hagerty agreed to it so that is what I will get if written off.
I have agreed value coverage for $25,000, they were ok with that amount, They did ask how many km I would put on it in a year, I told them that would depend alot on the weather here but somewhere around 3 or 4K...no more questions...I agree, when they know its not your primary driver you will get a great rate. I don't think the vehicle has to be "Old" either.

Does this inexpensive coverage with haggerty restrict the amt of mileage you roll up each year?

I have my car insured with Haggerty for an agreed value of $28000.00, for $441. a year & the only restrictions they told me were, no parking in shopping center lots, is the car a daily driver & where will it be garaged. I have never filed a claim yet & hope I never have too, so I can't rate there service, but I would recommend them.

contact for Hagerty in Alberta please
what is that other insurance comp7 out of the USA that insures high end cars. Jeff

Hagerty was 3100 intact 1255 and waiting for sask general quote from my current insurer

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the feedback. I sat down with my CAA broker here and redid a couple little things so she sent it in to Hagerty to confirm but my quote seems very reasonable compared to some of you other guys are paying. My cars are agreed value 24 K and 28K , total coverage , home garage kept , no limit mileage but I stated it will be very low , no racing , 100 deductable , free glass repair , so both cars with tax plus $40 hagerty fee on top , grand total $624.06 / year . Should know soon if Hagerty says anything different but she figured all should be OK as I already paid it up front.

Reactions: OL Yeller
In BC Hagerty is a non starter for me. With our provincial ICBC monopoly car insurance we are paying the highest insurance rates in Canada. I had a Hagerty policy for the first year of ownership in 2017 but didn't renew due to the total insurance cost being insane. With ICBC we need to purchase minimum mandatory coverage with ICBC and when you add the cost of the Hagerty Policy you've reached the stratosphere in annual cost. I had an agreed value policy based on a professional collector car appraisal of $49,000. The Hagerty policy was also very limiting as to maximum allowed annual mileage which ruled out ever taking the car on a lengthy vacation tour like the Corvette Caravan. Only insuring the car completely with ICBC now for 6 months on the road and 6 months in storage and my total annual insurance coverage still costs more than most of you would pay for full coverage on the road for 12 months. Hagerty will not sell storage only coverage so my renewal quote was in excess of $1,700. My wife and I have a meticulous driving abstract and no accident record of more than 15 years.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.