Featured Thread
Sep 19, 2017
Ayr Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2010 Coupe M6 Blade
49148ECC-090D-492B-9B3C-584DAC7EC9BE.jpeg

Looks great! What are the rules with tinting in Ontario? Lots of Alberta vehicles with tint in Saskatchewan. :D
Here the cops love pulling over cars with tint. However, if you could get DOT approved tinted glass that does not have a film on it, it is legal here.

Legal limit for the front is 50% in MB, which is like driving a fish bowl. I did 35 on the front and 15% on the back. Main thing is don't get caught driving like an idiot and give them a reason to pull you over. I haven't got any stress from it or not having a front plate.. yet.

Nice! Where did you have it done? There used to be a lot of auto tinting shops around, but few today. To answer one of the questions below...I seem to remember that 30% was the legal limit in Ontario...I did my C5 and a number of our family vehicles with 60% - I found that the 30% didn't help all that much with side sun glare which is the key reason I wanted the tinting. Haven't done my C7 yet. As others have said, as long as you drive reasonably, the police won't make an issue out of it. i had the 60% done on a VW Jetta Diesel we used to have...black on black...and the 60% tint made it REALLY dark from the side. My luck that I got a speeding ticket in it one morning not paying attention (ironically with this 90 HP 'Turbo Diesel' monster :) ) and the very polite officer knocked it down to 9 km over & didn't say a thing about the relatively dark windows.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.