Featured Thread

Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Ya know... After seeing the salt spray and the corroded exhaust tips on the winter driven Corvette on one of those Ont. winter C8 beater posts, I thought.... Sheesh... Mine has been under cover in the garage for almost five months now... I should take a look... Well... much to my surprise, my previously black C7 was coated in an odd Daytona Sunset Orange salt spray.... Damn. How did that calcium chloride pickle spray get into my shop and under my car cover... So upon further inspection, I was surprised at the obvious massive corrosion on my exhaust tips as well... I thought wow... only 6 years and my car looks like this?.... Maybe I should have invested in that new fangled seramac grafhatiity coating stuff....

This is what I saw when I pulled off the cover

PXL_20210304_191708186.jpg
PXL_20210304_201930503.jpg

So out came the wash bucket, rinse, Mequirars NXT Hydophobic wax and 3 hours later, I realized my Vette had always been Daytona Sunset Metallic Orange.... And my exhaust tips were always shiny chrome...

She is now ready for another summer of no snow and no salt....

PXL_20210304_222935887 (1).jpg

Oh man, i was considering it last weekend. Went out and got a new key cut for the trunk access today and programmed my new FOB. This weather is sure getting us all itchy now! LET THE PREPARATIONS BEGIN!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread