Guys,

Anyone have Competition seats in their C8? I’m in the final stages of configuring my C8. My impression is if you are a heavy track driver go with Competition Seats. Touring, weekend trips the GT2 seats? For me, I might track the car a couple times a year, and the last thing i need is my wife complaining about the seats. Besides the side bolstering, is there any comfort difference between the seats?

Thanks

If you search for pictures of the GM display vehicles that were on tour early on you will notice that the side bolster on the competition seats were crushed on the door side of the seat. They have much higher bottom side bolster than the C7 competition seats. Before I cancelled my position in the C8 line I decided that I would not go with competition seats even though I have them in my C7.

Having raced many times before in my Camaro with not so great seats for racing I can tell you that even the gt1 seats are very good for occasional track use if you get 2LT or 3LT and get the bolster and lumbar adjustments. I don't think you get that with the 1LT.

Comp seats all the way 🔫
seats_f7ce172e475897d59f731ad4bffa9eb6a64dc550.jpg

Guys,

Anyone have Competition seats in their C8? I’m in the final stages of configuring my C8. My impression is if you are a heavy track driver go with Competition Seats. Touring, weekend trips the GT2 seats? For me, I might track the car a couple times a year, and the last thing i need is my wife complaining about the seats. Besides the side bolstering, is there any comfort difference between the seats?

Thanks

You'll have to be careful about your seat choice. Many have said the competition seats are too snug and uncomfortable, so it becomes a question of fit for your body. So even if you're going to track the car a lot, competition seats might be too tight for you, depending upon your body size. There are some early videos where people who have tried the competition seats, mention this. Given your plans, I agree with others that competition seats are likely not a good choice for you. They're designed to firmly hold in the vehicle occupants while travelling at warp speeds around a track and even if they fit you, you and/or your spouse will likely quickly tire of them for regular street use.

Most early reviews mentioned that the GT2 seats were more comfortable than the standard seats. However you'll note the comments made by "Murray20c8" in his "initial thoughts" posting in the C8 Forum, where he compares riding 2 hours in the GT2 seats to the same amount of time in the GT1 seats and he noticed no difference. So who knows? I went with the GT2 seats based upon the early reviews.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.