Would you participate in a group buy and if so which ones interest you?

• Tires

• Accessories

• Detailing Supplies

• Consumables - Brake pads, oil etc

• Performance Packages - supercharger kits, go faster kits

• Other - please specify below

• NOT INTERESTED

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
As members of CCF we benefit from many perks including being part of a larger collective and a mini market force at large. One idea that is notoriously tough to organize and execute but can potentially yield direct financial benefits for many is that of Group Buys. Idea is pooling resources to negotiate larger discounts on specific products or from specific suppliers.

Toying with the idea of formalizing a group buy feature allowing ALL members (and visitors) to participate in bulk purchases. There are many conditions attached but the premise that each group buy should adhere to is as follows:

1. Target one supplier or retailer to maximize discounts
2. Target one or more product lines, the fewer the bigger the discount
3. Maximize participants - minimum 10 per buy, likely a lot more for low cost items
4. Early commitment by way of deposits or upfront payments
5. Maximize shipping logistics by way of localized distribution (for suppliers with multiple distribution centers)
6. Flexible timelines - due to the nature of group buys it could be 4-8 weeks before you get a hold of your product

What I'd like to hear back from you is if you would ever entertain the idea. And of course if you have better suggestions.

Given we all drive very different cars and have wildly different tastes it would be impractical to formalize a group buy around a single product however it maybe possible to group our resources around specific retailers, suppliers and product lines.

Vote below if you'd ever consider this. If there's sizable interest we may open up negotiations with certain suppliers.

You may vote multiple times.

Nik, thanks for thinking of our wallets!!

Just a couple of quick thoughts. I do not see Michigan's Corvette Central listed as a sponsor, maybe I missed it. I dealt with them a couple of times. Their product range was really good and service even better. However they, despite requests, would only ship to Canada via UPS. The cost was just incredible, if they want Canadian business they really should use the United States Post Office, they are at least reasonable to ship parts. Maybe somebody needs to talk to them about it.

We are blessed with some great Corvette and GM Brand Dealers on here. Yep they all sell cars but their dealerships also sell parts including some speciality items. Perhaps that is a part of their business that could be tapped into to both increase their sales with some benefit to CCF members.

Just a couple of ideas, I am sure others will have a few as well.

Nik, thanks for thinking of our wallets!!

Just a couple of quick thoughts. I do not see Michigan's Corvette Central listed as a sponsor, maybe I missed it. I dealt with them a couple of times. Their product range was really good and service even better. However they, despite requests, would only ship to Canada via UPS. The cost was just incredible, if they want Canadian business they really should use the United States Post Office, they are at least reasonable to ship parts. Maybe somebody needs to talk to them about it.

We are blessed with some great Corvette and GM Brand Dealers on here. Yep they all sell cars but their dealerships also sell parts including some speciality items. Perhaps that is a part of their business that could be tapped into to both increase their sales with some benefit to CCF members.

Just a couple of ideas, I am sure others will have a few as well.

Corvette Central ceased to communicate with us over a year ago. I've been told by multiple sources that this is not abnormal. Perhaps a victim of their success.

It's a good idea about the @Dealers angle. Perhaps @Detailers can partake also.

Great idea for specialty items (not that which is sold in all the box stores).
Thinking mostly Tools & Accessories.
I've tried these guys with minimal fortune on anything significant.
I even set up a drop box across the border but the savings were still "not really enough".
So I kinda shelved the idea for a while ...

Last edited:
Corvette Central ceased to communicate with us over a year ago. I've been told by multiple sources that this is not abnormal. Perhaps a victim of their success.

It's a good idea about the @Dealers angle. Perhaps @Detailers can partake also.
I've dealt with Corvette Depot in Ontario the past few years, first for my C5 parts and now my C7. They price in Can $, no duty...just local shipping. They've been excellent to deal with, both ordering & asking questions. Highly recommended:

How would shipping to all parts of Canada work? From the far East to the West coast and Northwards, this is a bit of a big place. I have had trouble explaining this to Europeans a few times over the years.

How would shipping to all parts of Canada work? From the far East to the West coast and Northwards, this is a bit of a big place. I have had trouble explaining this to Europeans a few times over the years.
Shipping must be a part of the retailers service. Buyer only needs options to best suit their convenience and/or cost.
I’ve done a few localized “buddy buys” for consolidating into one shipment and saving/sharing cost. Trust is a factor along with item cost/discount and a few other factors.

Reactions: 12cents
Shipping must be a part of the retailers service. Buyer only needs options to best suit their convenience and/or cost.
I’ve done a few localized “buddy buys” for consolidating into one shipment and saving/sharing cost. Trust is a factor along with item cost/discount and a few other factors.

Right shipping would be included. At best pickup from a local distribution point if items are larger such as tires etc.

The power of this proposition comes only if we're organized and put money upfront.

I worked for Lucas Aftermarket operations which was a branch of Lucas UK.
My boss told the story of the UK calling one day and asking him to go to Newfoundland to check out a generator that was causing problems. His reply --- They, NFL, are closer to you than to us. LAO was based out of Toronto, The OK did not send anyone
Some people do not realize the expanse of Canada

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents