Featured Thread
Nov 1, 2019
the GTA
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 Spider
Province
ON
There's a company in Southern California called "Competition Carbon" who is in the process of making a C8 aero components. They have the OEM 5VM ground effects and are in the process of making moulds from them. They will be offering full exposed carbon fibre and and FRP (Fibreglass Reinforced Polymer) painted in Carbon Flash.
They are about 4-5 weeks until they can start shipping. The fibreglass version which I'm interested in are going to be about $300-$350, $400 max USD I've been told.
He says they are also working on a more wild front splitter that will be bigger. They are also working on a high wing spoiler (similar to the C7 ZR1). There's a whole thread in the corvette facebook groups along with pictures which I will attach below. This is more like it... at least for me. I don't want Carbon Fibre and don't wanna pay the price of Carbon Fibre painted in Carbon Flash. Fibreglass version is perfect for me.
Screenshot (85).png
Screenshot (86).png
Screenshot (87).png
Screenshot (88).png
Screenshot (89).png

Thanks guys. We need a Canadian vendor to step up. I’m very disappointed in ACS. I bought a boatload of stuff from them over the years for diff cars and for them to just buy OEM and jack the price up is dirty. They have the capabilities to make their own. Buying from the US just sucks. With our dollar and duty the pricing becomes insane

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
Thanks guys. We need a Canadian vendor to step up. I’m very disappointed in ACS. I bought a boatload of stuff from them over the years for diff cars and for them to just buy OEM and jack the price up is dirty. They have the capabilities to make their own. Buying from the US just sucks. With our dollar and duty the pricing becomes insane
Hey soup, with NAFTA/USMCA free trade agreement there should be zero duty on parts built in NA. The only thing would be exchange, taxes and the unknown brokerage fees these shipping companies charge to clear your package from customs.

Reactions: NOSOUPFORU
Hey soup, with NAFTA/USMCA free trade agreement there should be zero duty on parts built in NA. The only thing would be exchange, taxes and the unknown brokerage fees these shipping companies charge to clear your package from customs.

True. Must be the broker fees and stuff I’m seeing on all my parts. Plus that dam exchange which we can’t do nothing about. 🇨🇦

ACS move from Quebec to the US when I wasn't watching? Yes. That's a lot of money for stamped cf but you gotta pay to play. Custom add-ons for an inaugural year sports car are gonna be pricey. That's supply and demand. My ground effects all came from ACS in Lachine and the fit and finish was fine. My car was two years old before I got balls enough to start drilling holes in it and the price of rockers, splitters, splash guards, etc. were half of what they were in 2015. Alternatively buy the $ 739.00 splitter/rocker set off Ebay, slap a carbon fibre decal kit on them, wait a couple years, save your paychecks and sell some toilet paper, and the price will have dropped by then. JMO

Reactions: Sparro
ACS move from Quebec to the US when I wasn't watching? Yes. That's a lot of money for stamped cf but you gotta pay to play. Custom add-ons for an inaugural year sports car are gonna be pricey. That's supply and demand. My ground effects all came from ACS in Lachine and the fit and finish was fine. My car was two years old before I got balls enough to start drilling holes in it and the price of rockers, splitters, splash guards, etc. were half of what they were in 2015. Alternatively buy the $ 739.00 splitter/rocker set off Ebay, slap a carbon fibre decal kit on them, wait a couple years, save your paychecks and sell some toilet paper, and the price will have dropped by then. JMO

I agree. I'm in no rush to get the ground effects... heck I don't even have my car yet! I did just that and got the splitter and rocker extensions for $700 CAD including installation from my dealer. I will wait to see what comes. I personally prefer the side rocker look from the C7 than the C8. I'm not a fan of the the big wing/flare towards the rear. I would rather have the full extension but not rise up at the end.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day

I agree. I'm in rush to get the ground effects... heck I don't even have my car yet! I did just that and got the splitter and rocker extensions for $700 CAD including installation from my dealer. I will wait to see what comes. I personally prefer the side rocker look from the C7 than the C8. I'm not a fan of the the big wing/flare towards the rear. I would rather have the full extension but not rise up at the end.

At $700 You can’t have the Z51. That front unit is just the Z51 in that kit. I’m looking for the “ground effects splitter”. And like you don’t want those airplane side ground effects. They look hideous... waiting for some aftermarket to do a la C7Z ground effects .... 👍🏻🤞🏻

Last edited:
Has anyone had luck sourcing front splitter and side aero options ?
^^^Talk to Alan, I think he told me last week they had theirs ready.

I don't believe Khoa at competition carbon has theirs ready yet, you can message him through their facebook page. He will be by far the cheapest but I think Alan at atomic 6 has his priced fairly. ACS is a ripoff.

C7 Carbon will be the cheapest but have no idea when they will be ready ...

At $700 You can’t have the Z51. That front unit is just the Z51 in that kit. I’m looking for the “ground effects splitter”. And like you don’t want those airplane side ground effects. They look hideous... waiting for some aftermarket to do a la C7Z ground effects .... 👍🏻🤞🏻
Not sure why the splitter wouldn't fit either model. Is the front end different on the Z51? But WTH do I know...Haven't got a C8.....

Not sure why the splitter wouldn't fit either model. Is the front end different on the Z51? But WTH do I know...Haven't got a C8.....

What I mean is the splitter in the kit for $700 is simply the hard plastic one that’s on the Z51 models and the plastic black covers that go over the sides .... not to be confused with the ground effects splitter which is more aggressive and has side winglets.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.