Aug 15, 2018
Village of Navan
VetteCoins
Car
2024 Camaro 2SS
Province
ON
Anyone going to the Grey Cup in Edmonton? My Redblacks will be trying to win the Cup again against a formidable opponent in the Stampeders. Perhaps a local can suggest a good venue near festival square for a short meet and greet of CCF members on Saturday. Looking forward to another gridiron classic between two great teams.

Reactions: YFCvii
My brother got a ring in 76 with Ottawa and another in 86 with Hamilton. He had a good career in the CFL. His son has been Hamilton's head scout for about 6 year's and is now the assistant general manager.
Disappointing game for me in Ottawa but the better team won that's for sure.

Bill

Reactions: YFCvii
My brother got a ring in 76 with Ottawa

Your brother would be a team mate of Peter Crepin - defensive back for 6 years with Ottawa. Peter also sports that beautiful Grey Cup ring. He is now the manager for Laz-Y-Boy stores in Ottawa. Great guy!

I am a CFL fanatic and a REDBLACKS season ticket holder (4) since day one. The Ottawa team needed a new name when they were re-born in 2014. The name origin relates to the Red and Black colours of the plaid shirts worn by the lumberjacks who were a big part of the Ottawa community when it was a lumber town. I was not in favour of the name in 2014 but it has become a source of significant pride in this town. The team is well managed. The stadium sells out for almost every game and the fans are rabid of voice in encouragement for the team and against the opponent of the day. Great fun and another excuse to consume a few pops. :Cheers2:. Looking forward to coming to Alberta next week and I know Edmonton will be superb hosts of the 106th Grey Cup.

I'm not a sports fan, but did they paint the Stanley Cup Grey now ? :Confused5:

Ahem! On the off chance you are not being sarcastic: Lord Stanley donated a cup in 1892 bearing his name for amateur hockey in Canada. Early Grey donated the cup with his name for the annual Canadian football championship in 1909. Both gentlemen were Governor's General of Canada.

Back to the original question; are any CCF members going to the big game?

Go REDBLACKS!

Ahem! On the off chance you are not being sarcastic: Lord Stanley donated a cup in 1892 bearing his name for amateur hockey in Canada. Early Grey donated the cup with his name for the annual Canadian football championship in 1909. Both gentlemen were Governor's General of Canada.

Back to the original question; are any CCF members going to the big game?

Go REDBLACKS!

I would definitely be going but am overseas for this event.
Hopefully some from the YEG crowd get you all set up for a memorable CCF addition to your Grey Cup weekend.

Enjoy 😀

Thanks Derek, hopefully we can touch base later on. I get to YYC occasionally for work and at the end of 2019 will finally be fully retired so in the mean time I can dream of a cross country road trip. I also have a route 66 trip in mind having done it twice in the late 60's - early life - late life experiences. :Hurray::Hurray:

Go Redblacks.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread