Welcome to the forum Brett. Black 03 Z06 is correct... There's a lot of great knowledge and helpful members ... We enjoy hearing how the builds are going and seeing your pictures too....

Eric

Thanks
I had a 79 L82 when I was in my twenties but I went back to school and had to finally sell it about 6 months into my apprenticeship. (That was years ago) Now I have another C3 and it was a little more rugged than I thought when I bought it but it has good bones just needs some TLC I replaced the seats and most of the console last year and looking at the carpet this year. As a side note I do have the tooling to replace the rear wheel bearings if anyone want to borrow it.

IMG_1269[1].jpg

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
WELCOME BRETT !
Great pic of your "work in progress" .. along with the "evidence" behind of being a true GM-man.
If we meet up on the road in this town ... I am the one who always waves back if I don't wave first ! :thumbs:
Cheers!

... also ... I am in the SE of this town and really close to the meeting location of the Calgary Club.
I haven't taken up on meeting there yet ... maybe this month or next (I think it's the 3rd Thursday of the month).

Last edited:
Reactions: Brett
Hey Brett! Welcome aboard!

What color is that paint? It is parked in the shade, but that is much too dark to be a factory grey. It looks awesome though!

Is that a crossfire or is it a carb? Or perhaps a crate swap?

Hey Brett! Welcome aboard!

What color is that paint? It is parked in the shade, but that is much too dark to be a factory grey. It looks awesome though!

Is that a crossfire or is it a carb? Or perhaps a crate swap?

Hi
It is Charcoal Metallic Grey with a black interior. Being a 1981 the engine has a carburetor as I believe only the 1982 model had crossfire? I haven't bothered to check serial numbers yet but it looks like the engine has never been touched.

It is rumored that there is a run of late 1981 models had the crossfire engine, but were already VIN-coded as 1981 chassis, so they sold 'em anyway.
I did not know that

mine was built in St Louis and according to one website it was completed around Oct 16th 1980 which makes sense as the seat foam I replaced was date stamped Oct 7th.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.