Cadder61

Casual User
Jun 20, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
1975 CORVETTE L82
Hello to all! Just entered the fantastic world of Vette ownership - my wife and I picked up our new (to us anyway) baby tonight, a 1975 C3 with 79500 original miles on the original L82. We are the third owners - originally purchased in Edmonton in 1975 and then sold to a good friend of my wife's 8 months later who has owned it ever since. For a number of reasons she decided it was time to part ways so... Really cool thing for me is that it still has the original dealer id plate on the back - I worked at that dealer for 10 years back in the 90's, some really good memories there.
Although the former owner started a partial restoration a few years ago, there is a ways to go yet and he needs a bit of work here and there - should keep me out of trouble (and broke) for a few years to come, But driving him home tonight... so sweet!!!

Attachments

• 20180620_202210.jpg
    20180620_202210.jpg
    869 KB · Views: 39
Welcome and that’s a very good looking C3. I really like the original look of it, especially the wheels.
There are lots of guys here to lean on who know a ton about restoration on C3s and pretty much any of the pitfalls. So don’t be shy about asking a question if you don’t find your answer in the threads.
Is your new beauty going to be on the road July 11-14th to meet us in the middle? We are going right by you heading to Winnipeg.

Again welcome.
Derek

Hello CADDER...
Welcome to the CCForums...and also a big welcome to the world of Corvetting.
You are in for a fun ride..cruising, restoring, making new friends..yada yada..
That car looks to be in great condition, congratualations.
Bring on any questions you have and we will make our best attempt at an answer.
I really like the rally wheels.
Thanx for the pic....send a few more .

Graham

Thanks for the warm welcome, really looking forward to this adventure... Unfortunately a Winnipeg run is kinda a no-go for this year. Our C3 sat for a few years with very little usage and it has taken a toll on seals and other items (that other pastime called work interferes more than I might like as well). Although driveable, we will have to stick closer to home until a few things are taken care of - already putting together a shopping list of priority 1,2 and 3 parts to order. More pics will follow once I get into the nitty gritty of the repairs - feels good to be getting grease under my fingernails again...

Too bad, I was going to ask you if you'd be interested in bringing it up to the Cold Lake Air Show 19-22 July. The show dates are 21-22 July, but we are having an A&W cruise night on the 19th and Full Throttle downtown street party plus photo shoot with static aircraft on the 20th. Saturday night buffet at the agriplex and a tour to a local car collector's shop to see approx. 20 cars in his personal collection. I do have 2x 1975's registered - mine (pictured left) and a Hot Wheels edition T-top.

That does sound like a blast - thanks for the invite but will have to take a raincheck. The steering cylinder is leaking so bad that 40 some years of roadgrime has all washed off and the rear main is verrrry questionable - no roadtrips in the near future but hopefully another year. Me and the underside of the car are gonna be getting really aquainted this summer...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.