Thinking about having a ground effects package installed on my 85. Anyone done it? Cost ? Thoughts? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I am looking as well for a Greenwood kit for my '84. Expensive to buy new and impossible to find used in good condition.
I also thought maybe the ACI kit, more subtle and very clean lines

My 88 with a Greenwood kit:

fr_48.jpg

fr_47.jpg

Last time I checked, Greenwood kits are no longer available. John Greenwood passed on a while ago and it seems his kids don't have a lot of interest in the business. Probably have to find a "NOS" one, which is going to be mega bucks. Or find a reproduction, lots of those out there. But they don't look as good to my eye, they always have to change an aspect of it due to copyright reasons.

Be aware this is a one way deal. A greenwood kit doesn't mount with sticky tape, it's bolted though the body panels. So if you don't like it later down the road, you're stuck with it. Or a full respray.

It also makes changing the battery a major PITA. The lower body piece blocks the battery side panel and you have to nearly remove the lower to get the body panel off to get the battery out. If you just change it when it dies, its not that big of a deal. If you take it out for winter storage every year, well......

Mine was already on the car when I bought it so can't help you with finding one. You can see more on the greenwood site:

Note that the "sales" link on the page is dead....

I have a Greenwood body kit on my 94 and kinda wish that I didn't have it. it's a lot easier to ground out over almost anything. it is harder to get the battery out but not too bad. there is a whole to get the lower bolt out I hope this helps

I am looking as well for a Greenwood kit for my '84. Expensive to buy new and impossible to find used in good condition.
I also thought maybe the ACI kit, more subtle and very clean lines
I agree on the ACI kit, very clean looking and not so bulky. I already have the rear wing and am looking for the rest now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.