Featured Thread
Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Ahhh, yesterday was just about perfect. The weather was great (mid 20's, i think was the high). I got called in to work for about an hour, so took the Vette there. It was fairly early, so not much traffic on the road. Once I was done there, the temp had gone up enough to take the top off and enjoy the ride back. After some yard work, my daughter and her fiancé came over for dinner for early fathers day, so her and I went to pick up some take out from a local Italian restaurant. She had not yet ridden in the Vette, so I gave her a bit of a show when there was no-one around. We had got onto a long straight stretch of road and I opened it up a bit (not going too fast, but getting to the speed limit...plus a little... very quickly). She may have not expected it, and ended up letting out a wee little scream. I think she was surprised how fast this thing is. I told her that it has plenty of power for myself, but the next level up, the Z06, has about 180 more horsepower that mine, which I can't even imagine needing (although it would be nice).
Anyhoo, being up early and bored today, I felt I had to share my day yesterday with you all. Despite the work call and the yard work, it was a near perfect day!

Yesterday was a great day. My wife and I signed up for Horsepower for Hope, supporters of kids with cancer. Once we learned of the good cause, and have an excuse to drive, we were in. They are holding a rally in August, but got a note that they were doing a taste testing at Righand distillery yesterday.

Nice turnout! Great variety of cars as well.
IMG-1321.jpg
IMG-1334.jpg

Yesterday was a great day. My wife and I signed up for Horsepower for Hope, supporters of kids with cancer. Once we learned of the good cause, and have an excuse to drive, we were in. They are holding a rally in August, but got a note that they were doing a taste testing at Righand distillery yesterday.
Looks like a nice showing and variety.
Was it a private event?
If it was posted on here, I completely missed it as it appears to have been somewhere in Alberta.

View attachment 41241View attachment 41242
Very nice!! I wish I had heard about that, as I would have loved to come along for the cruise and support the cause.

• Agree
Reactions: turbozig
Looks like a nice showing and variety.
Was it a private event?
If it was posted on here, I completely missed it as it appears to have been somewhere in Alberta.
Very nice!! I wish I had heard about that, as I would have loved to come along for the cruise and support the cause.
Hey guys, I'll find out more. My wife found it on Social media or something. I'll get some details and make a new post.

My fathers day was mostly great. Started out with a roof out windows down drive into the countryside, then back home for a quick run to the beer store and .... the corvette. which was running perfectly.... decided to eat the air conditioning. Its my fault I was talking to my brother prior and discussing a post wherein someone was concerned that the AC in their new C8 had failed. I foolishly opined that the AC in my 91 was just fine.
Oh well, we need to help the economy, and the shop I go to can use the business, besides if yer spending money on your corvette you have no problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.