You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
The shopping begins, the Grand Sport worth the extra money? I haven't read to extensively about it, looks like a Z06 without the supercharger? Mine would never see the track and 460 hp is probably enough. I know much of this will come down to what a person values most but I'm open to hear from the guys with experience being pretty new to the Vette world

I like Blue ones. I have to say I wasn't fan of the dry sump on my 14 Z51, I understand the reason for it but a bit of a pain checking the oil correctly and paranoid every time you got an oil change, "did they do it right?" But mine was ingesting oil so I was constantly worried about oil levels. That was cured with a good dyno tune and new, correct plugs.

Reactions: ddgermann
I like the wide body look as well but If you're not pumped for the dry sump or the wide body, then not a lot more reason for the GS. The mag ride suspension also comes on the GS but unless you're tracking or just like all the tech stuff you can get, it's also something you may or may not miss. As for 460 hp... Again... depends what you do with it and how much testosterone boost you want or need, but 460 is way more power than you can use street legally. 0 to 60 mph in 3.8 is still nothing to be sneezed at. Keep in mind that 460 is 55 more hp than the C5 Z06 and only 45 hp less than the C6 Z06, and with that it has the same lb/ ft of torque as the C6 Z.
Now... Resale value. If you're thinking you may buy new every few years, especially now with the C8 set to debut, nobody knows what will happen to used C7 prices. My take on this, and totally my opinion only, is that if I'm looking for a used C7 after 2020, it would have to be Stingray. If I want a C7 Corvette and am gonna cough up 90 to 100k on a low mileage C7 Z06 or even 75 or 80k on a low mileage C7 GS, then it's a no brainer. I won't. I will buy a new C8. That may or may not make sense to anyone except me, but if I just want a C7 Corvette and can get a used low mileage Stingray for 55 or 60k, that's a big difference. I guess we will see what happens to used C7 prices but I don't think they will toilet like a lot of people think. Again....JMO. :Biggrin:

I really do like the wide body look! When i think about the dry sump it is not a big issue, it was because i had the oil ingestion problem (now cured) with my supercharged C7. I was constantly worried and checking oil level. I have had many very high horsepower old school cars but that power was mostly straight line, tire smoking, ego stroking and gas guzzling power. 460ish is plenty in a great car like the C7. I still want a head turning, maybe cosmetically modified car that stands out. Custom wheel package maybe. Dual mode exhaust and rev match were so much fun and would not do without them! Thanks for your input. The shopping continues.

Go for it Dan. Mag ride, selectable exhaust, steering and the wide body are all very attractive features. The car can be set up just the way you want it in any given day. It’s like having 9 unique feeling cars with all the combinations.
As far as the power goes... the C7 is significantly heavier than the C6 and you feel it. My C6Z felt light and quick with 505 HP. The 2 C7Zs have never felt quite like that but have the HP and torque to be quicker. You feel that. 😂
I had a base 18 Stingray for a week or so and yes it performs great in town. But is no Z06 in it higher gears at speed.
I personally would not go with less than a Z06 but the otherwise the GS has all the features that define the experience except the brute power.
Contemporary Corvettes are a terrible investment as they all deprecate quickly. We buy them for the way they make us feel enjoying them.
Everyone has their own experience, budget and expectations so there’s no right or wrong.
Good plan looking for a car with some uniqueness added to it. Adding this stuff is not cheap and can be had for virtually free buying a done up car. 👍

Last edited:
If not used … here is a very low production GS - C7 & new at my Favorite Dealership … I can get you directly to the right desk for dealing on it too ...
It is a blue'ish grey … called ceramic matrix grey … and has carbon fibre … discounted pricing has already started on this
although it's A8 the paddle shift is there and Ron Fellows Spring Mountain will get you into that. You must take advantage of this when buying new.
Only 1 of 27 produced. This is nice with the compliment of Blue that would be on my white ZR1
2018 Chevrolet Corvette for sale at Northgate Chevrolet Buick GMC Edmonton AB
17914046143x640.jpg

17898462526x640.jpg

17899966614x640.jpg

Last edited:
Go for it Dan. Mag ride, selectable exhaust, steering and the wide body are all very attractive features. The car can be set up just the way you want it in any given day. It’s like having 9 unique feeling cars with all the combinations.
As far as the power goes... the C7 is significantly heavier than the C6 and you feel it. My C6Z felt light and quick with 505 HP. The 2 C7Zs have never felt quite like that but have the HP and torque to be quicker. You feel that. 😂
I had a base 18 Stingray for a week or so and yes it performs great in town. But is no Z06 in it higher gears at speed.
I personally would not go with less than a Z06 but the otherwise the GS has all the features that define the experience except the brute power.
Contemporary Corvettes are a terrible investment as they all deprecate quickly. We buy them for the way they make us feel enjoying them.
Everyone has their own experience, budget and expectations so there’s no right or wrong.
Good plan looking for a car with some uniqueness added to it. Adding this stuff is not cheap and can be had for virtually free buying a done up car. 👍

You're the first I've heard say that their C6 Z06 felt quicker than the C7 Z06 Derek. But that being said, I venture it will only be a couple more pieces of carbon fibre and you'll have shed that extra 400 pounds anyway... :Biggrin:....

Yes i am hoping to stay in the 60ish range
... at the $60k'ish I'm not confident that the "extra dough" part is there for a GS - as mentioned in the Thread Title ... for few more years and with more km's on it ... however I am a new car buyer and, for other than my very first car, I've never bought anything pre-owned.

Last edited:
Reactions: frankmp
Well I am officially back. Bought a 2019 manual coupe, perf exhaust, transparent roof, stinger hood stripe, carbon flash pkg, red calipers, black wheels, carbon flash spoiler. Black on Black. pretty happy guy! Friend in the business made me a deal I could not refuse! Pic soon, the waiting is going to kill me!

Attachments

• 17807382177x640.jpg
    17807382177x640.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 17807382497x640.jpg
    17807382497x640.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 17807382537x640.jpg
    17807382537x640.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 37
Well I am officially back. Bought a 2019 manual coupe, perf exhaust, transparent roof, stinger hood stripe, carbon flash pkg, red calipers, black wheels, carbon flash spoiler. Black on Black. pretty happy guy! Friend in the business made me a deal I could not refuse! Pic soon, the waiting is going to kill me!
HMMM! Competition for Derek??
Has a way to go before you get there though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread