I'm New Here
Jun 10, 2019
Hamilton Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2007 Corvette Coupe
Province
ON
A new question? The GPS has no signal after installing the in-dash nav. Dealer fixing the anti theft. I installed a new gps antenna in the suggested place on the under dash and above the AC vents. They say that’s one place or the other is back by the tail lights. Yet the nav doesn’t work. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

A new question? The GPS has no signal after installing the in-dash nav. Dealer fixing the anti theft. I installed a new gps antenna in the suggested place on the under dash and above the AC vents. They say that’s one place or the other is back by the tail lights. Yet the nav doesn’t work. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Not sure on your unit but any GPS I have used (both $70,000.00 GPS survey equipment, handheld personals, and vehicle GPS, they all hd to have a clear view of the sky. Initial setup reception also can take quite a while to gather sufficient satillite signal... That's all I got...

Ditto to what Eric says, all our GPS antennae are at the highest point on the vessel to have as clear a view of sky as possible. Depending on how many channels the GPS unit has for receiving signals, it can take quite a while for it to find its location.

Thank you for the replies. I ended up rerouting the gps antenna to the drivers side and temporarily have placed it in the front corner on the dash and true enough, the gps is working. I’ve read that some antennas are up around the rear view mirror. I guess when I install a hud system and have the dash out, I can explore it more. Thank you for the assist.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.