Jan 30, 2009
Acton Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Vert
It always happens to me this time of year.
I start wondering do I keep my absolutely perfect (to me) C5 or move into a C6? Lots of great deals out there, prices are still quite good, Our dollar is at par with the US.

My job/life evolves around the fast paced, constantly changing high-tech machining manufacturing world. Gotta stay on top of technology or you will get left behind.
So this gets me thinking to I move into the newer more advanced C6 or stay with the C5???
I love my OBSESHON Vette, but I never get a long term attachment to any vehicle.
Last time I counted I think I was at 29 vehicles / Cars & bikes not including boats.
I learned the hard way as most of us do or are going to do, That customizing vehicles is only for your personal enjoyment. You will not add much or anything to the vehicles value, but it is your own personal masterpiece.
So at this point I start trying to justify, do I spend any more mod money on my C5 or start looking for my next OBSESHON

Do any of you guys get this same feeling every spring?
What vintage of corvette do you wish to have next?
Just wondering as I scan through the C6 for sale sections.:canada:

I get that feeling too, it just seems to become heightened as spring draws close. I think that I am getting close to have owned 190 different vehicles (bikes, cars and trucks). Fortunately, I have not owned my C5 long enough to want for anything different but I don't think you could go wrong with a C6.
This is the driving force that keeps our automotive passion alive ... and our wallets a little lighter!

I too find mid-winter early spring very tempting especially but I must admit the 'itch' can happen any time of year.
This year the itch will be scratched by mods.

Got my last 2 rides in December and August- mainly due to exceptional dealer/manufacturer incentives.

There are some good deals out there and I understand the temptation towards the C6 and LS3 (at least) powered 'vettes.

If it were me I'd jump at something but whatever your decision you have a great ride in your C5.

G/L
C.

I wouldn't go to a C6 unless its a Z06 personally. The C5 is still a lot of car and still a reliable one at that also. Either that or you can decide to keep it and spend $10k on it with Manny :D

Any itch I have is futile as I can't scratch it because the bank has put oven mitts on my hands. However, I'm doing alright with that as I'm just looking forward to having the car out and going through the mountains this summer....but a C6Z would make me want to scratch through those mitts!

:agree:...While the C5 is a great car in its own right the C6 is an amazing car and not because I own one.... I have driven the C5 way back--sweet ride. The fit, feel and finish is that much nicer in the C6..And the power is awesome......Hey Mark maybe the Wilson Niblette Tech Session in March will sway your decison for the C6 :D.....Either way your C5 is very nice :canada:

:agree:...While the C5 is a great car in its own right the C6 is an amazing car and not because I own one.... I have driven the C5 way back--sweet ride. The fit, feel and finish is that much nicer in the C6..And the power is awesome......Hey Mark maybe the Wilson Niblette Tech Session in March will sway your decison for the C6 :D.....Either way your C5 is very nice :canada:

Oh yeah -- Wilson Niblett has a few Callaway conversions I lust after. Some day I'll have one of those.......Yummy.:D

Mark, you'd love the C6 GS .....

C.

At 63 yrs. young I thought my silver 2001 Convertible would be my 4th and last Vette untill I saw the Grand Sport. I said what the ^&*# I had to have one so I went shopping. Bought a fairly loaded red GS convertible in the USA for a lot cheaper then I could buy a stripped C6 coupe in Canada. So this should be my 5th and last Vette :rofl: or maybe not :D

Hey Mark, maybe you should go to a dealer and take a C6 Vert for a spin, you'll know what you want. Thats what I did, first took a later model C5 for a blast and then a C6. I chose the C6 Vert for my first Vette and I love it, can't imagine selling it for many years although those C6 Grand Sports are pretty sharp looking. I also bought mine in the states and i thought got a deal with low Kms. Ya , I'm feeling the winter blues, looking forward to the Spring, just got the car last year and this has been a long wait to get it out for Drive. Good luck with your shopping. Cheers

:seeya:

Mr Mark! From my experience, once you get that itch, it never goes away.
Your car is awesome, but usually the itch gets the better of you. Does it make sense to trade in one perfectly good Vette for another one? Most of us have and will do it, life is too short!
I'm sure you've driven a C6, but if not, u are free to drive mine soon as it comes out.

On a personal note, I am really hoping I don't like the new C7 when it comes out! I don't want the itch to get one. So far I don't like it from what I've seen, but I'll judge when I see one in person.

Mr Mark! From my experience, once you get that itch, it never goes away.
Your car is awesome, but usually the itch gets the better of you. Does it make sense to trade in one perfectly good Vette for another one? Most of us have and will do it, life is too short!
I'm sure you've driven a C6, but if not, u are free to drive mine soon as it comes out.

On a personal note, I am really hoping I don't like the new C7 when it comes out! I don't want the itch to get one. So far I don't like it from what I've seen, but I'll judge when I see one in person.

That's what worries me too.:eek:
I really can't afford another itch.:agree:
So far I don't like (as much) what I see -- and if they get away from the LS engines I really won't like that.

Mark, no shortage of C6's to check out here if you need further persuasion.
See you in the spring.:D

C.

hey markus.....as said in an earlier post go for the C6 Z06 vs the C6 if you can when the itch comes back. The look & the performance are very different between the 2.

Wish I had.

Enjoy your C5 for another year or 2.....real nice car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.