VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
A Canadian Icon passes at 84. He was a treasure of musical talent...:Angelsad2:
Featured-Images-Gordon-Lightfoot-Dec-2022.jpg.jpeg

Album_Sundown.jpg

And in my mind forever linked to this one...

aff_fitz1.jpeg

And by the way Murray20, that is not country music... lol...
Sorry, I disagree. Sundown is creeping down his back stairs? I'll forgive you because you come from Alberta where everyone wears a cowboy hat and their best songs are about their trucks. So any song without a truck, a dog or their cheating wives can't be country music! ;) Folk-pop is close enough IMO.

Hey Murray. I must live somewhere other than Alberta since I do NOT and most of my friends here do NOT:

-wear a cowboy hat;
-own or drive a truck (SOME of us do drive Corvettes);
-have any tunes on any USB stick or other music memory device, about trucks (any trucks);
-have any tunes about dogs (although I own 2 dogs).

I admit there could be some songs which mention "cheating wives" or cheating "significant others" or broken hearts, but those likely fall under the "rock or easy listening music" categories.

Perhaps (?) I'm just an "Ontarian" in disguise?? :) (lol)

But to stay on topic: yes, sad about Gordon Lightfoot and I DO have his "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" on my USB.

Sorry, I disagree. Sundown is creeping down his back stairs? I'll forgive you because you come from Alberta where everyone wears a cowboy hat and their best songs are about their trucks. So any song without a truck, a dog or their cheating wives can't be country music! ;) Folk-pop is close enough IMO.

@Murray20c8 do you know the story behind "Sundown"? Oddly enough it involves a neighbourhood girl who I went to school with.

@Murray20c8 do you know the story behind "Sundown"? Oddly enough it involves a neighbourhood girl who I went to school with.
Your nickname isn't Sundown by any chance? ;)
No, I was just making a joke. I don't know the story behind the song.

As always, we live in a "small world". The connections that routinely come up between people, never cease to prove that and surprise me.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
Hey Murray. I must live somewhere other than Alberta since I do NOT and most of my friends here do NOT:

-wear a cowboy hat;
-own or drive a truck (SOME of us do drive Corvettes);
-have any tunes on any USB stick or other music memory device, about trucks (any trucks);
-have any tunes about dogs (although I own 2 dogs).

I admit there could be some songs which mention "cheating wives" or cheating "significant others" or broken hearts, but those likely fall under the "rock or easy listening music" categories.

Perhaps (?) I'm just an "Ontarian" in disguise?? :) (lol)

Are you and all your friends outcasts? ;)

• Clever
Reactions: gone
lmao.... Yeah.... I'm a Country boy... hats, boots, trucks, guitars, farm, dogs, guns and a Corvette.... No cheating wife but a USB with 40,000 songs and they are a split between rock and country songs about cheating wives, mothers, prison, trucks, trains, rain, cars and getting drunk.... me in a nutshell.....And I like Folk-pop too.... ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.