JP.

JP.

Apr 28, 2013
Lacombe
VetteCoins
Car
2008 zo6
Anyone try taking any video of driving vette with gopro? I've seen few on utube they look cool. Soon has I get my exhaust on I will mount gopro on rear of car and take it for a run. I use the gopro lots for snowmobiling and was just wondering about where/how to mount on the car with minimal vibration interference.

Last edited:
Do it all the time with my Hero3 Silver Edition. Have 1 mounted inside my car with the camera facing front and have one mounted on my trunk lid facing back to catch the action behind me. I record in 1080p at 30fps

Taken a few weeks ago on a Yonge Street cruise.
[yt]p5-wRMKevpI[/yt]

And a couple of weeks before that at the Welland tunnel. Play the first video, then play the 2nd about 3 seconds later and you'll get the effect of coming up and then passing.
[yt]6f7_LceI1LM[/yt]

[yt]czU3XPtq_j0[/yt]

How I have it mounted on the trunk lid.
IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

Love mine. I have two of them. An original Hero1 720p and an original 1080p Hero1 with LCD backpack. Spend the $30ish and buy a suction cup mount, they are so worth it. I've not only ised mine for the Vette but also for ziplining, snorkelling, mountain biking, etc. The Hero3's are a big step ip up from what I have and have cool features like Wi-Fi capability for easier uploading and for use of a remote.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Right on... I been using my here 3 black edition for sledding, still learning how to get best quality in the snow lighting is tough.
Can't wait to try it with the car

That is the suction mount correct? Not magnet?
The safety ties are a must!

Suction mounts. They are very strong and I haven't had them fail on me yet. The ties are more as a secondary backup in case, plus the added feature of making it grab proof.

Right on... I been using my here 3 black edition for sledding, still learning how to get best quality in the snow lighting is tough.
Can't wait to try it with the car

That is the suction mount correct? Not magnet?
The safety ties are a must!

http://youtu.be/zEcuQxi-tPw
http://youtu.be/SVJ3bGFn7i0

Yes, suction cup mounts. They work awesome! I've had them on the Vette and even on a Sea-Doo!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

I like the safety ties ... good thinking
I rented a Hero 2 at Spring Mountain mounted it using the suction cup on the inside of the front window facing forward and the rear window facing forward.
I really liked the video quality for such a small camera. Did a bit of research on the Hero 3 black and a few people had some problems with them (make sure the firm ware is updated) you should be fine.
So I bought one last week when I was in Sturgis S.D. they had a bit of a sale in the black hills area for bike week $70 worth of accessory's thrown in with the camera $399 us
I mounted it on the crash bar of my Harley and the video is amazing,

I like the safety ties ... good thinking
I rented a Hero 2 at Spring Mountain mounted it using the suction cup on the inside of the front window facing forward and the rear window facing forward.
I really liked the video quality for such a small camera. Did a bit of research on the Hero 3 black and a few people had some problems with them (make sure the firm ware is updated) you should be fine.
So I bought one last week when I was in Sturgis S.D. they had a bit of a sale in the black hills area for bike week $70 worth of accessory's thrown in with the camera $399 us
I mounted it on the crash bar of my Harley and the video is amazing,

Good score! You'll love it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

Nice to meet up in Woodstock, James, Car looks and sounds amazing -- After viewing the video I can see that it goes as well as it looks.
So that was at low boost? I forgot to ask what boost you're at now to get close to 1k hp.

Cheers,
Colin.

Nice meeting up with you Colin .

We don't give out all are secrets now !!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.