PTTaylor

Casual User
Jul 1, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
2007 C6 Convertible
Anyone use one of the Gooloo Jump Starters on a C6 ( battery in the front )??...If so where do you connect the leads?....Cables are to short to connect to recommended locations.

Not sure what their recommended locations are but the only time I boosted my C6 was red to the positive post and black to the negative post. If spark explosion is your concern, find a metal ground nearby for the negative cable. You may get other opinions but it worked for me, never affected the car in a negative way at all, and I'm still here to tell the story.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Not sure what their recommended locations are but the only time I boosted my C6 was red to the positive post and black to the negative post. If spark explosion is your concern, find a metal ground nearby for the negative cable. You may get other opinions but it worked for me, never affected the car in a negative way at all, and I'm still here to tell the story.
Are you positive there was no negative reaction?

Eric is a guy whose opinions are well grounded. No one needs to check his polarity, we know it is reversed. :Biggrin:

To the OP is it just an issue of the cables being too short? Wonder if you could make a harness out of an Anderson SB 50 connector which is used on small material handling equipment. Some wire and alligator clips would make a handy extension from the battery. Just a thought.

Unknown.jpeg

My original battery gave up the ghost this week.
I used a jump starter (similar to Gooloo) connected directly to the battery
and no problem.
I like the fact you can rest the starter in the trunk and not worry about it moving like
I would if I connected under the hood.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.