Guess I need to speak with someone more technically savvy than I am. I have an iPhone and loaded iTunes on a computer once and it took over everything to the point that I couldn't find anything. Deleted it and never let my phone touch my computer any more. Navigation on my 2017 is decent most of the time but still has new data missing. Still a bit afraid of using car play in my car.
Connecting your phone to your car with Carplay has no ability to remove anything from your phone since there is no sync of settings and data like there is between the phone and a computer with iTunes. All Carplay is doing is letting you control your phone remotely through the car akin to controlling your TV with a remote control instead of with the buttons on the TV itself.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Offtopic but for music thoroughly recommend tunein radio, available via android auto also (probably carplay though I don't use an iphone). Free worldwide radio stations, think of it as satellite radio without the BS. Give it a go. Downside is it will chew through data but not as much as you might imagine.

Nik is 100% right. I have used Tunein Radio for years. It's free (with ads) or pay (with no ads and a couple other little things) It has all your local stations on it and tons of audiobooks and podcasts. Literally 1000s of radio stations from everywhere searchable in a variety of ways.

Good one Nik

Ok .... I’m in YEG and Waze is showing on my 2019 Sierra ... trying it 😁👍🏻
Will check Corvettes when back in YYC.

5A0A8BA6-571C-4531-88A9-6FE4A21A190F.jpeg

F2E666FD-78A4-4DB5-AD80-B3573821E75F.jpeg

Here is a picture taken this morning of Waze running on my infotainment screen of my C7. The minute I plug my phone in to activate projection/carplay Waze is immediately up on the screen. Can be a pain sometimes to shut it down when I want to use Apple Maps or Google Maps but at least I get instant navigation.

Attachments

• IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    298.9 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: YFCvii
CarPlay got colourful with this week’s Apple ios14 major update ... customizable in settings on this carplay screen as “wallpaper”

AE55C26D-0C33-4483-82D2-0DFAB623BFCC.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.