Credit to Road Runner in "the other Forum" for this great (IMO) idea.

For those of you with the All Natural Dipped or Adrenaline Red Dipped interiors, you may be unhappy with the windshield reflection inhibiting your view on bright or sunny days. Some say polarized sunglasses eliminate the reflection, but others say those sunglasses make the HUD (Heads Up Display) difficult to see.

I was surprisingly ++ taken by the Red Mist and All Natural Dipped combo on one of the Z06's I saw at the NCM "Bash" this past April, but the windshield reflection turned me off. It was a cloudy day and you'll see the windshield reflection in 3 photos I took below (2 from the driver seat and 1 from the passenger seat). No doubt that reflection would be far worse w/o cloud cover, on a really bright sunny day. The reflection directly in front of the steering wheel, was particularly worrisome for me because I thought it could (for example) hide a jay-walking pedestrian in light clothing, if you were traveling fast with a reduced reaction time.

BUT, a good partial solution that eliminates that reflection directly in front of the driver, is to purchase a replacement piece for the "dashboard rectangle" that's right in front of the steering wheel. That one piece isn't hard to remove and you can install a black replacement and for anyone with the All Natural Dipped, you can get that black piece with matching tan side stitching (GM Part number 84972565), so it'll look quite good. With that solution available, my Red Mist with All Natural Dipped interior, is back on the table as a possible combo for my next C8 order. Something to consider for those with these type of interiors or (like me) considering whether to buy them. Hope this helps out.

C8 all natural windshield glare 1.jpg

C8 all natural windshield glare 2.jpg C8 all natural windshield glare 3.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread