Aug 26, 2021
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 C8 Z51
Province
QC
Just like many of you, I have a deposit down waiting for my turn to come, and I am far down on the wait list. With winter upon us, I was planning to just stop thinking about the C8 for a while (dealer hopes not forum reading), and maybe reach out next March to see how well the list is going, and find out that my rank was super good by then and possibly just months away from an order.

Will withhold dealer names, but for discussion sakes, let's just keep it to the 3 big ones to generalize, numbers may vary of course. I was under the impression, after asking around, that the 3 major dealers get around 10 Stingray's / month, for the '22 year starting in Sept (and so maybe the medium size ones would be 5/month). I was also told that the allocations and deliveries throughout the winter pretty much stay the same (does not drop in numbers). So average deliveries would remain more or less constant right thru until next summer.

So when I reached out to someone who had info on actual deliveries for one of the big 3, I almost fell out of my chair when I was told the actual number of deliveries to date plus estimated for year end. I was expecting to hear something closer to 40 (Sept-Dec), and instead was told about 12, averaging about 3 cars / month for the Big 3, which can only mean less than that for the smaller guys. Was actually told 7 cars until now and another 5 to end off the year, can only hope they meant 7 per month and not 7 for Sept-Nov.

Does this sound about right ? Are you guys getting the same sort of info ? If that is the case, even a standard Stingray will take years to get at that rate, not the average 8-14 months I was initially told (avg 12 months). I am way down on the list (closer to 100 than 50), so even if things pickup here in Canada, the production numbers don't seem to dictate what is happening on the ground here in Canada for actual deliveries.

Hoping you guys have a different angle or perspective, because I was really hoping to be sitting in my C8 by next summer, but with this data, looks hardly unlikely.

Reactions: vinny's vette
The current times are muddying the results. Also, the RHD production is not helping.
Deliveries aren't stopped during the winter, but allocations might be restricted.
So far C8 numbers for Canada have been historically correct.
All I can tell you is Historically you are correct in your numbers, but it may just be an average over the MY.
Historically you have nothing to worry about, but having been in the middle of the electrical issues, the strike and Covid I understand your pain and sympathize. Just remember though, that when you do eventually get your car the pain will immediately fade.

Not to knock anyone but I read about people being on a list since last December still waiting.

I went to a smaller dealer, got on the list in August, got allocation in September and the car is due here any day now.

There are plenty of options out there, not sure why everyone is clamoring to be on one of 3 dealers lists

Not to knock anyone but I read about people being on a list since last December still waiting.

I went to a smaller dealer, got on the list in August, got allocation in September and the car is due here any day now.

There are plenty of options out there, not sure why everyone is clamoring to be on one of 3 dealers lists
You have a good point, if everyone goes only see the big 3... the wait will be longer. Try to call your local dealership and see what is the wait. I went local and got my C8 in 8 months.

Reactions: kerry4
My point was not so much about shopping at the Big 3, but more about the fact that if THEY are only seeing a couple cars a month when it should be around 10, then imagine the medium size dealers. Yet it seems that if one is lucky enough to find a dealer out in nowhere land that does not have much of a list at all, your chances might be better. Point of the post was more about production numbers not telling the full story of actual allocations / deliveries to Canadian dealerships. Was very surprised to hear about such a low number up until now, that is all. With such high demand for the Stingray, and even higher demand for the Z06, they better be considering building another plant, but then one will say parts shortage, shipping challenges (lack of drivers), etc etc.

Anyhow, just wanted to share the info that came my way about the low delivery volume compared to expected.

I understand you point, perhaps it could be related to 2 things:
1- In the winters months we could receive less allocations knowing we usually don't drive our c8 in winter.
2- Now being an international model sold everywhere (Europe, Australia, Japan, ...), but with the same production numbers, we receive less then before since have to share same quantities with more countries.

Reactions: Neils
My point was not so much about shopping at the Big 3, but more about the fact that if THEY are only seeing a couple cars a month when it should be around 10, then imagine the medium size dealers. Yet it seems that if one is lucky enough to find a dealer out in nowhere land that does not have much of a list at all, your chances might be better. Point of the post was more about production numbers not telling the full story of actual allocations / deliveries to Canadian dealerships. Was very surprised to hear about such a low number up until now, that is all. With such high demand for the Stingray, and even higher demand for the Z06, they better be considering building another plant, but then one will say parts shortage, shipping challenges (lack of drivers), etc etc.

Anyhow, just wanted to share the info that came my way about the low delivery volume compared to expected.
No chance of another plant being built. This plant has never been at peak capacity with 3 shifts +. Historically Corvette demand cycles over the life of each generation and by year 4 normally there is insufficient demand for 2 shifts even. The problem is supply and all the unexpected shutdowns.

Last December? Ha. I deposited with a medium size dealer February, 2020. Still nothing.

If anyone is keeping track, I guess you can pencil me in on the longer wait side. Deposit July 2019, Delivery August 2020... at one of the "bigger three" ? Still consider myself pretty lucky to have one of these cars though as I enjoy every minute behind the wheel. This is without a doubt my BUCKETOY .

:meme:
Ditto

Just like many of you, I have a deposit down waiting for my turn to come, and I am far down on the wait list. With winter upon us, I was planning to just stop thinking about the C8 for a while (dealer hopes not forum reading), and maybe reach out next March to see how well the list is going, and find out that my rank was super good by then and possibly just months away from an order.

Will withhold dealer names, but for discussion sakes, let's just keep it to the 3 big ones to generalize, numbers may vary of course. I was under the impression, after asking around, that the 3 major dealers get around 10 Stingray's / month, for the '22 year starting in Sept (and so maybe the medium size ones would be 5/month). I was also told that the allocations and deliveries throughout the winter pretty much stay the same (does not drop in numbers). So average deliveries would remain more or less constant right thru until next summer.

So when I reached out to someone who had info on actual deliveries for one of the big 3, I almost fell out of my chair when I was told the actual number of deliveries to date plus estimated for year end. I was expecting to hear something closer to 40 (Sept-Dec), and instead was told about 12, averaging about 3 cars / month for the Big 3, which can only mean less than that for the smaller guys. Was actually told 7 cars until now and another 5 to end off the year, can only hope they meant 7 per month and not 7 for Sept-Nov.

Does this sound about right ? Are you guys getting the same sort of info ? If that is the case, even a standard Stingray will take years to get at that rate, not the average 8-14 months I was initially told (avg 12 months). I am way down on the list (closer to 100 than 50), so even if things pickup here in Canada, the production numbers don't seem to dictate what is happening on the ground here in Canada for actual deliveries.

Hoping you guys have a different angle or perspective, because I was really hoping to be sitting in my C8 by next summer, but with this data, looks hardly unlikely.
I had an 18 month wait for mine…

I'm hearing that Canadian allocations are curtailed due to it being winter and GM prioritizing US demand.

Although not in the same boat as I'm already an owner of a C8, I too am waiting on my next allocation. Unless GM opens the allocation taps after this unfortunate Tornado event, we will likely see our cars as 23's.

• Agree
Reactions: pozi240 and Thom
I'm hearing that Canadian allocations are curtailed due to it being winter and GM prioritizing US demand.
GM didn't do it in 2020 or 2021 MY's but with the changes to shipping with less trains and more trucks I could see them doing that.

GM didn't do it in 2020 or 2021 MY's but with the changes to shipping with less trains and more trucks I could see them doing that.
I hear you but for Bill Spencer to receive ZERO allocations in December...something has certainly changed! It also reinforces Rick Contis comment about them receiving the smallest number of allocations since C8 production began...

I hear you but for Bill Spencer to receive ZERO allocations in December...something has certainly changed! It also reinforces Rick Contis comment about them receiving the smallest number of allocations since C8 production began...
The allocations are going somewhere. I doubt they would (or could) snuff dealers that they historically have rewarded with warranted numbers. According to some knowledgeable US people, there are laws in place in the US that protects dealers from that type of thing. I also wouldn't believe a word that Conti says or at least take it with a grain of salt. I agree that something has changed, but IMO it's not some deliberate attempt to limit Canada for the MY other than normal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.