Car
2010 Corvette Conv
IMG_0873.JPG
IMG_0874.JPG
IMG_0875.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0883.JPG
As some of you know I bought my car at the end of January this year . I have been storing the car til now and only took it around the block for 3 whole kms a month ago.
So last Friday I took my friend Mike for a drive from Etobicoke to Wilson Niblett in Richmond Hill and back . We stopped for a nice brunch . The car ran like a top , of course the Top was down as it was a warm and sunny day. I still feel nervous driving the car but am slowly getting more comfortable. I depressed the accelerator part way down at 100 kph and easily felt more power kick in as it downshifted , I took it to 120 . Being Good Friday and a busy highway with plenty of radar traps , that was good enough for me . The car feels really powerful.
I did experience my first parking lot anxiety at the Brunch stop.
All of a sudden I realized that I had to park amongst other vehicles!
So after carefully circling the parking lot , I decided to park beside the two gleaming and really nice Motorcycles to my left and the restaurant entrance to the right.
Someone with a big dog came really close the front as did a woman carrying a purse close to the front .
Note to self , pick a better spot or choose another restaurant next time .
I know you all have been through this and my story is not new.
I'll try to post some pics from that day .
I ended up putting another 100 kms on the car. I forget who said I would be smiling driving the car , I was ! Ear to ear! It really felt great and car is perfect.

Bowling..
If you are really lucky all those new-to-you car feelings will last forever.
When I'm out I still look back at my cars and smile as I walk away.
And I've owned one of mine for 35 years... still makes me smile.
Great story

Graham

Bowling..
If you are really lucky all those new-to-you car feelings will last forever.
When I'm out I still look back at my cars and smile as I walk away.
And I've owned one of mine for 35 years... still makes me smile.
Great story

Graham
Graham, my wife says I'm weird for doing that very same thing. Sometimes I run into things walking because I'm always looking back at whatever car I'm driving.Glad I'm not alone.

Reactions: nascar03
Ok.... I have to admit to all of the above... except walking into my car Graham... haven't done that yet....... I will throw one more in though.... When I'm in a restaurant and there's not a window table where I can see my car, I will get up to go to the restroom just so I can check on my car.... Sometimes I even make it to the restroom..... :D....hmmmmm..... Am I weird?...Brenda thinks I am... lol....

Happened to me last year with a different outcome. I turned to look at the car and walked right into one of the most attractive women I have ever seen, she was stunning. It was a magical moment, we looked into each others eyes and then she said "watch where you are walking old man, you will break a hip".:Biggrin:

Happened to me last year with a different outcome. I turned to look at the car and walked right into one of the most attractive women I have ever seen, she was stunning. It was a magical moment, we looked into each others eyes and then she said "watch where you are walking old man, you will break a hip".:Biggrin:
No respect!

You should have said, no I won't.......I've already had them replaced.:thumbs:

Bill

Graham, my wife says I'm weird for doing that very same thing. Sometimes I run into things walking because I'm always looking back at whatever car I'm driving.Glad I'm not alone.

Glad I am not the only one. "I swear that light post hit me coming the other way":dead:

Ok.... I have to admit to all of the above... except walking into my car Graham... haven't done that yet....... I will throw one more in though.... When I'm in a restaurant and there's not a window table where I can see my car, I will get up to go to the restroom just so I can check on my car.... Sometimes I even make it to the restroom..... :D....hmmmmm..... Am I weird?...Brenda thinks I am... lol....

Yes.... Yes you are but I also understand that so... does that...make me.... awwww crap.:Shy:

View attachment 8035 View attachment 8036 View attachment 8037 View attachment 8038 View attachment 8039 View attachment 8040 As some of you know I bought my car at the end of January this year . I have been storing the car til now and only took it around the block for 3 whole kms a month ago.
So last Friday I took my friend Mike for a drive from Etobicoke to Wilson Niblett in Richmond Hill and back . We stopped for a nice brunch . The car ran like a top , of course the Top was down as it was a warm and sunny day. I still feel nervous driving the car but am slowly getting more comfortable. I depressed the accelerator part way down at 100 kph and easily felt more power kick in as it downshifted , I took it to 120 . Being Good Friday and a busy highway with plenty of radar traps , that was good enough for me . The car feels really powerful.
I did experience my first parking lot anxiety at the Brunch stop.
All of a sudden I realized that I had to park amongst other vehicles!
So after carefully circling the parking lot , I decided to park beside the two gleaming and really nice Motorcycles to my left and the restaurant entrance to the right.
Someone with a big dog came really close the front as did a woman carrying a purse close to the front .
Note to self , pick a better spot or choose another restaurant next time .
I know you all have been through this and my story is not new.
I'll try to post some pics from that day .
I ended up putting another 100 kms on the car. I forget who said I would be smiling driving the car , I was ! Ear to ear! It really felt great and car is perfect.

Don't put your car nose near a side walk, anything can happen. Generally park away from others. Making it a not so easy target. Happy motoring from Alberta.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.