There it is...................at the start of this Covid Pandemic crap when gas prices took a dump I was able to fill my ZR1 using 94 octane for below $1.00/litre ($0.99/litre).

Fast forward to today about an hour ago or so................(see pic, and I didn't fill it up was just below 1/4 tank brought me up a tiny bit below full).

*quote title of this thread*

Tony

Attachments

• IMG_20220407_133125.jpg
    IMG_20220407_133125.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
I just spoke with someone recently diagnosed with bone marrow cancer which was discovered after lower body paralysis turned out to be a cancerous tumour impinging on the spinal cord.

Puts all other problems into perspective.

So as some say when at my age (60+), any day you're on the right side of the dirt, is a GOOD DAY...

Didn't imply that paying more for gas compares to being diagnosed with a terrible health issue. I'm glad to be able to wake up everyday and enjoy life but with prices for everything sky high even just driving a nice summer ride comes with a cost and this cost now is much more pricey than pre-pan.

If I did a day trip to Buffalo before I could fill up go there do my thing and come back and cost X to fill the car back up, now it costs XX + all the other costs (food, items that you buy on said trip etc etc).

Basically not cheap anymore just to take the car out for a rip, it does affect how much you have for discretionary spending.

Didn't imply that paying more for gas compares to being diagnosed with a terrible health issue. I'm glad to be able to wake up everyday and enjoy life but with prices for everything sky high even just driving a nice summer ride comes with a cost and this cost now is much more pricey than pre-pan.

If I did a day trip to Buffalo before I could fill up go there do my thing and come back and cost X to fill the car back up, now it costs XX + all the other costs (food, items that you buy on said trip etc etc).

Basically not cheap anymore just to take the car out for a rip, it does affect how much you have for discretionary spending.

No worries and I understand your point. It's just whenever I encounter others with +++ problems I can't help "navel-gazing" and feeling lucky with what I've got. I suspect it comes with age...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.