Featured Thread

Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
As I will sometime need to look through piles of faded paper pictures to go back much further, I will start with my C6. Brenda named her "Little Red" as my diesel truck was aptly named "Big Red". Little Red was my first Corvette. I had wanted one for many years and same old story....money going to different areas of non-importance such as mortgages, food and clothing....

Until I lost a couple of close friends back to back from ugly surprise diseases. They were both younger than me and the little light bulb in my normally dimly lit head came on, and in 2012 I started looking. In March 2013, I found Little Red in Calgary. The fellow was about my age and this was his first Corvette and he had bought it new right out of Kentucky in 2009. Nothing fancy. A 1LT with some interior CF options and the Competition Grey wheels.
Brenda and I went to Calgary for a look and him and his wife met us at the door. After we chatted for a while about the car and life in general, he let me take it for a drive, with him of course, and then he took Brenda for a drive. I will always remember a story he told me about the traction control. He said that after he had the car for a few weeks and had gotten use to it, he thought that since he now owned a powerful sports car, that he was going to light it up just once so he could experience that feeling. He told me he found a stretch of asphalt with no one around, shut the traction control safeties all off.... pinned it and dumped the clutch....... Once the car stopped, with him in control and facing the right direction again, he told me he scared himself so bad that he never ever shut traction control off again in almost four years... lol....

I bought the car and watched both him and his wife choke up with glassy eyes.... In late 2015 I passed Little Red along to another Calgary fellow... It had 45,000 or so km on it by then and him and I are still in contact and he still loves the car. He is a forum member now albeit a silent one (not like me..:rolleyes:)....
Me. I wish I had had room and more reason because I loved Little Red as well and would gladly have owned both her and Ginger (my DSOM C7).... As with my friends....Gone but not forgotten.:thumbs:
Little Red.jpg

IMG_20140419_154025.jpg

Thanks for sharing Eric. I really think this section is a real hit and you have just added one great reason !

What's with all these Calgary Silent Members ...
There's but two here as far as Mikey & I know + one that promises to be "Real Gone" with Cruises next Spring !
("real gone" in a context unlike what one may first interpret it to be ...)

Nice story Eric. Odd how cars can be the catalyst for so many other things in life.

You said it brother. So true as we mature and look close at a few realities after years of "family first" commitment.
Ok that was pretty deep and telling but I bet many of us are there now.

Eric great story and beautiful car. The connections we get to the first one run deep as it is a pretty big moment in life. I will never forgot the feeling of driving my first one for the very first time. Profound kind of describes it. The 2nd or 3rd car first drive did not come close...

Full Respect

D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.