Elf

Power User
Feb 28, 2011
North of Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2008m vert
I can't stand it and the meds are not working .-21C and that was it for me I'm making a run for Orlando tomorrow at midnight .I went up to the shop and changed the oil ,air pressure,battery installed,checked all fluids .Orlando is a 1500 mile run so i'm allowing 10 hours with pee stops and the roads are clear .Told the wife that she can join me anytime and I'd be glad if she did .
I think a month or longer at 27c should thaw my old bones .

That's OK ya can call me a sissy .:rofl:I'll send you all a post card eh.

Good for you ! Hope you have a great time .

Take a laptop and keep us informed of how "warm" it is ! :coolgleam: :seeya:

oh elf !!! how can you torment those of us with terminal cabin fever like this ? please don't tell me you're going to the daytona 500 too, that would be too cruel for words !!! :rofl: have a ball brother :D doug.
I uselly go to the Bud Shootout and I love that race .It's at night ,short and under lights it's pretty .I did go to the 500 a few years back and It was the coldest 500 on record :( Froze my azz off)

And yes I suppose I'm gloating just a tad :D I don't know if it's diabetes or the fact I'm down on body weight but I can't get warm this winter and It's only January .

I uselly go to the Bud Shootout and I love that race .It's at night ,short and under lights it's pretty .I did go to the 500 a few years back and It was the coldest 500 on record :( Froze my azz off)

And yes I suppose I'm gloating just a tad :D I don't know if it's diabetes or the fact I'm down on body weight but I can't get warm this winter and It's only January .

gives me an idea - with my type 2 maybe my quack can write me a prescription for speed week - see ya at ormond !!! :rofl:

gives me an idea - with my type 2 maybe my quack can write me a prescription for speed week - see ya at ormond !!! :rofl:
I'll do a thread sometime on Type 2 and how to possibly overcome it to some degree .

I'm pretty well packed and midnight I roll out of the garage .My goal is to get across the George Washington bridge before the morning rush . That's also about the time I'll be ready to get fresh gas .My first night will be in Roanoke Virginia and the second night Atlanta .A group from another (small) forum wants to have a get together party Friday eve just outside Atlanta .I'll get pretty well tanked on diet DR.Pepper and have a Vegan steak .Last leg will be down to Orlando and start off with a nice swim at the pool and get some afternoon sun .

All the weather reports indicate the Interstate's are and will be clean and dry .

Last edited:
my doc is quite pleased with the way i have it managed. 3 month readings come in at normal and no insulin for 2.5 years now. only metformin. i was diagnosed 3 years ago with a blood sugar of 34. my biggest issue is readings too low, had a 2.9 yesterday after doing some fire wood. i just chalk it up to 40 years of way too much fun - go figure !!! :rofl: doug.

Other than initial four hours of black ice the trip down went well .Drove about 20 hours the first day to Atlanta where I slept 20 hours .Hooked up with about 10 other Corvette owners for a mini party before heading to Orlando .

Paid $3.10 per US gallon for mid grade at a few places .The C6 does not get the fuel milage my C5 got but the extra 100 hp is worth the fun .

The morning starts off at 6 am when the pool opens ,a spat in the hot tub ,coffee and a shower before breakfast . Temperatures have been in the 25-30 (c) range during the day (terrible just terrible).Although there is a cold front coming for a couple days .

I've had Corvette buddies show to stay over and make sure I don't get lonesome .I've sort of put together a waiting list which is fine .

Going to the NCRS show in Kissimmee which I've never been to , that's next week .There is also a big all Corvette show coming up the following weekend .Old Town is a section of Kissimmee that has mixed shows and cruise in's every Friday and Saturday.
evenings.

I feel fortunate that I'm still booked into this facility until mid February .And yes I'm thinkin of all my Northern friends .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.