grandsp69

Regular
You're 5
Jun 25, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
’19 Grandsport
Hi guys, I’ve been lurking here for a couple of months now and I’m finally going to shop around. I’m looking for a grand sport and there are three going for 82-83k. I’m thinking of offering them 73k and see where it goes. I will go as high as 76k?

What do you guys think? Is it a reasonable offer or should I aim lower or higher?

Thank you !!

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Welcome to the Forums.
Curious as to your location …. Province/General Area will be helpful … especially if in Alberta (for me).
If you are not in Alberta, then once known, those from your Province may chime in.
Best of Fortune on one of those 3

Last edited:
That is what they are asking after current discounts.

But 2 dealers just made this complicated one offering 99k zo6 and a 3Lt grandsport for 99k. Now I want to make them compete haha

Reactions: ccltj and Riley P
Hi guys, I’ve been lurking here for a couple of months now and I’m finally going to shop around. I’m looking for a grand sport and there are three going for 82-83k. I’m thinking of offering them 73k and see where it goes. I will go as high as 76k?

What do you guys think? Is it a reasonable offer or should I aim lower or higher?

Thank you !!
Well i think you can do better much better. Here is a great example from the dealership that i bought my new gs from this past spring. They currently have a black a8 1LT gs at 17% off. Tell your dealership to match or why not just buy and ship. Or if you faancy a z06 they have one at almost 16% off. Great pricing imho for my19. FYI current cashback is $4k. Oh and welcome to the forum!! Chevrolet Cars, SUVs and Trucks for sale at Lakewood Chev at Edmonton Alberta.

Aaah how much do I offer a 3lt with carbon ceramic package and visible Carbon Fiber ground effects package? He’s asking 99. I’m thinking 82 to 85?

• Wow
Reactions: ccltj
Aaah how much do I offer a 3lt with carbon ceramic package and visible Carbon Fiber ground effects package? He’s asking 99. I’m thinking 82 to 85?
Im guessing msrp is well north of $100k with ceramic and being 3LT Good luck in your offer but thinking 15% off min at this time but you never know. Compare to the two cars at lakewood i linked....

Reactions: ddgermann
The MSRP is 82-83, or that's what they are asking after current discounts?

Welcome to the forum Grandsp. Pretty hard to guesstimate where the price should be without an options list but this is the season for deals. They can pay floorplan interest on the car all winter and then maybe lose your sale to a better deal or a C8 later in the year or they can get your business now with the right number. Worth the discussion with them anyway. Good Luck.

Reactions: ddgermann and ccltj
Well i think you can do better much better. Here is a great example from the dealership that i bought my new gs from this past spring. They currently have a black a8 1LT gs at 17% off. Tell your dealership to match or why not just buy and ship. Or if you faancy a z06 they have one at almost 16% off. Great pricing imho for my19. FYI current cashback is $4k. Oh and welcome to the forum!! Chevrolet Cars, SUVs and Trucks for sale at Lakewood Chev at Edmonton Alberta.
Frank, I looked at the 2019 GS 1LT at Lakewood from your link. I'm struggling somewhat with their Dealer list price of $87k that is crossed out showing a discounted price of $74k. For starters, the MSRP on this car is nowhere near $87k, it's actually closer to $78k, after destination fee and $3,000 cash back, so I'm not sure where their price originates from but it doesn't make much sense.

Reactions: ccltj
It’s important to know and actually see the MSRP label so that you don’t take “their word” for it. As it may not likely be that Corvettes drive off the lots right now ... you may decide to use this month for a Jan 31st deal ... as that’s when dealers need to report month end sales. It’s speculative though. As you may have 3 in mind I have seen $100k stock discounted $20k with GM kicking in a promotion. Without a promotion, I would initially do an $89k offer all in. If refused with no reasonable counteroffer then ask to meet to shake the hand of the approving manager. Ask him/her if they will take your name and number if a better price can be reached as the salesperson sadly just failed doing that. Again speculative .... unless you really really really want a certain one in the lot .... then a need for a really big discount is countered by paying a bit more in order for you to wear a huge Corvette smile.
Note: as Alberta’s economy and job losses are worst than 2015 right now, no one is buying a lot of toys right now. So I am telling you this based on Alberta.

Frank, I looked at the 2019 GS 1LT at Lakewood from your link. I'm struggling somewhat with their Dealer list price of $87k that is crossed out showing a discounted price of $74k. For starters, the MSRP on this car is nowhere near $87k, it's actually closer to $78k, after destination fee and $3,000 cash back, so I'm not sure where their price originates from but it doesn't make much sense.
Well im not defending them but if you go to gm canada and search inventory they show msrp on any car in stock and show options This one shows $85k. Maybe theres some addon? Dunno.....
VEHICLE DETAILS
VIN
1G1YW2D70K5107634
MSRP Standard Vehicle price
$82,815*
Installed Options Total
See Dealer
BlackTrim, Leather, Jet Black
Engine Gas, 8 Cyl, 6.2L, DI, AFM, VVT, HO, Alum, GMNATransmission, Auto 8 Speed, 8L90
Freight & A/C tax
$2,100
Total MSRP
$84,915

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann and ccltj
... sorry should add that when I say “use the coming months for a month end deal” I mean make your offer today ... if not good enough ... do the manager thing I mention above ... visit the dealer as many times as you can over the month (making yourself known to be at the door to buy). Especially the last week of January. It should happen by then if not TODAY. Best of fortune to you 😁👍🏻

You guys are awesome! I just got back from Couburg I put in my offer of 73k for this car 2019 Chevrolet Corvette for sale at Bill Spencer Chevrolet Cobourg ON

Now this one 2019 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Coupe Grand Sport for sale in Kitchener - Scherer Chevrolet Buick GMC Ltd. is waiting for me to stop by. I spoke directly to the sales manager. I’m going to call him and tell him I’ll email him the offer which is 82k? He’s trying to sit me down and get me to order but I pretty much told him I want the one he has and to let me know if he can work with me and there is no way I’m paying what he’s asking. He tried to make me feel bad by saying oh this one has the 4K option exposed Carbon Fiber and 9k option z07 package. I just told him please just give me a yes or no answer so I can move on haha. The reason I said that is because he sounds like he’ll give in and the car has been sitting there since fall. Wish me luck

🤔 ... Something about this Dealership has me liking it already ... :Woot:
18260277880x640.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.