welland,ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2006, base
Guys,
out today in the backlands of the Niagara area; so we're ambling
along ~ 80 km/hr. [ just to rub it in....26C ]
Hit the control for instant L/100km.
Shock......couldn't get reading OVER 6L/100km. Tried 3 times over 5km.
Thats....47 mpg.
So....who needs a Prius or anything else ??

Hence the slogan, go green...buy...

Tony, welland

was it all downhill? :D

25c here, can't ever remember a March, or a winter like this one.

....:rofl: downhill and with a tailwind!...

Tony, Don't stop there mate, if you want to get 'MAX' mpg's find a big hill and coast down it. You might hit about 99 mpg's.:eek:

Yes the temps>>>>> wow! -- 100 year records are falling practically daily by quite a margin I hear. Absolutely amazing -- and much appreciated too. A little bit of summer in late winter/early spring suits these old bones just fine thank you. KEEP it commin'.

.......and before anyone says look at the near and long range forecast -- I already have and tho it's not as good as recent days, it "ain't all bad" either as they say. Still well above average.:D

Hope to see you sometime this coming week Tony & Wayne.:seeya:

C.

Tony, I for one am a believer!! Our last 4500 klm trip there were several long stretches (200-300 klm) where I had it on cruise set at about 120klm and mine was reading from 6.7 - 6.9L/100km. I couldn't believe this mileage so I checked several times between fills and it was bang on.

Tony, I for one am a believer!! Our last 4500 klm trip there were several long stretches (200-300 klm) where I had it on cruise set at about 120klm and mine was reading from 6.7 - 6.9L/100km. I couldn't believe this mileage so I checked several times between fills and it was bang on.

Not checked my GS on a long trip yet but my brother's C6 (06) convert got 40'ish mpg's on our trip to Bowling Green last September (7L/100km)
Quite impressive!
The rear gearing on mine is slightly more aggressive than his but I'm fairly confident that mid 30's is attainable (8L/100 km)

LOL, I was just helping Tony to get more out of his tankful. :rofl:

I may be wrong but I seriously doubt that 6L/100km (47mpg's) is attainable from or 'vette engines.
I'm confident that when Tony calculated the hard numbers on refilling (as he does every time) the results would not be so optimistic.

As I said, 40'ish is very laudable but to my mind very rare.

JMHO

C.

EDIT, just to be clear, I also look at the instant and average mpg's readouts but use them only as a cursory indicator. For me the only real way to check mpg's is the old fashioned way: miles driven divided by liters used.
No estimates there. Just real numbers.
Cheers,
C.

Last edited:
My Corvette gets the best fuel economy out of any car I have owned or own. It's also the fastest and makes me feel like a million bucks! What a great machine!

Go Green for sure!!!!!

As many have correctly pointed out, for accurate mpg, one needs to record miles[km]
and gallons,[L].
And of course the instant read-out is probably only approx.
However, the above notwithstanding, the point was simply to say that the 'vette
gives good mpg if you don't take advantage of all the performance available !
But then, why have a 'vette ???
Just for the record, the journey was not all down hill with tail wind.[g]. Niagara
doesn't have 50km hills !! [ either going up or down]
Take care,
Tony, welland

Tony, I'm right there with you. My car has a 2:56 rear end and I can run down the highway showing the same numbers as you. It even checks out at the pump with 34 MPG the best so far. Here's the kicker, My four cylinder Jeep Liberty is lucky to get 25MPG. Go figure.

Rob

As many have correctly pointed out, for accurate mpg, one needs to record miles[km]
and gallons,[L].
And of course the instant read-out is probably only approx.
However, the above notwithstanding, the point was simply to say that the 'vette
gives good mpg if you don't take advantage of all the performance available !
But then, why have a 'vette ???
Just for the record, the journey was not all down hill with tail wind.[g]. Niagara
doesn't have 50km hills !! [ either going up or down]
Take care,
Tony, welland

Quite right, Tony -- Thanks for your candor.:D

"Why have a 'vette?" I'm sure we can all answer that question our own way -- for me performance and handling would take precedence over all else, tho I must say I would not be happy with poor gas mileage. Thankfully with today's technology, we can have our cake and eat it too.
Cheers,
Colin

Well just so everyone knows I get a wopping 13-15 MPG in my car. Make me kind of want a C5 instead! Maybe oneday I'll let the C3 go.....or both now thats an idea.

T

....'bout what we all get I'm sure just lugging or tooling around town.....On the hwy tho it should be much better (at reasonable speeds).

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread