Nov 28, 2016
VetteCoins
I just finished pulling the cars into the garage for the night and as I was reaching for the door closer I heard a crash bang and boom behind me. The neighbour kid directly across the street wound up and let a slap shot go. A street hockey puck went whipping by me though the open door to the house, across the floor and came to rest against our livingroom wall. On the way to its resting place it bounced at least twice off the back of my new baby leaving some very nice scratches in its fresh paint. Lucky I guess considering the puck was made of hard plastic and ball bearings as it just missed my rear window.

I had the kids parent acknowledge the damage and she promised to pay. I've been able to buff 90 %
scratches out . Will most likely need a shop to get rid of the rest and she'll get the bill.
Seems you just can't win sometimes...

Attachments

• 20170529_151151.jpg
    20170529_151151.jpg
    669 KB · Views: 30
I just finished pulling the cars into the garage for the night and as I was reaching for the door closer I heard a crash bang and boom behind me. The neighbour kid directly across the street wound up and let a slap shot go. A street hockey puck went whipping by me though the open door to the house, across the floor and came to rest against our livingroom wall. On the way to its resting place it bounced at least twice off the back of my new baby leaving some very nice scratches in its fresh paint. Lucky I guess considering the puck was made of hard plastic and ball bearings as it just missed my rear window.

I had the kids parent acknowledge the damage and she promised to pay. I've been able to buff 90 %
scratches out . Will most likely need a shop to get rid of the rest and she'll get the bill.
Seems you just can't win sometimes...
Grrrr,

That Sucks! Don't know how well you know the neighbor but I would have them go to the shop and give thier credit card number so you don't get stuck with the bill.

:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:
Oh the true HORROR !!! From one LBR to another ...
I will whisper our LBR experience that we had last weekend to you on the cruise in a few days.
:Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage:

awesome garage by the way :thumbs:

I feel rather sorry for the kid. My wife Kathy just ripped into the poor lad. Then his mother did the same. Looking forward to hearing your experience and thanks.

Hockey means everything when we are young.
Empathy is yet another thing I find we have in common.
My Wife went ballistic when I told her ....

I might if I had a full set of pads. The kid can rip it. Hoping too it all goes smoothly.
She's a city police officer so I always know how to find her..
Oh crap ... Zero tolerance for Corvette Drivers in the Sylvan Lake area for speed and rolling stops ... in my notes for Saturday ;)

If you get pads, get a cup! Haha. Reminder that we aren't going down Highway 11 from Red Deer through Sylvan beacuse of the chipsealing AT (Alberta Transportation) is doing between Sylvan and W of Benalto. Asphlund Road, N on Hwy. 20 then west on Rainy Creek.

Are you meeting us in Red Deer Rick?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread