This GM Corvette engineer is not so sure about the C8, see what his experience has to say : click on the link :

Old news. All over this and every other forum a couple weeks ago. Not to mention the numerous YouTube channels that were mixed in the correct or incorrect take on this.
He is very adamant the the use of the word “worry” was not the correct word and retracted that word in numerous follow up interviews.
The slimy media sensationalized this to a nauseating maximum naturally.

Pathetic journalism IMO.

Old news. All over this and every other forum a couple weeks ago. Not to mention the numerous YouTube channels that were mixed in the correct or incorrect take on this.
He is very adamant the the use of the word “worry” was not the correct word and retracted that word in numerous follow up interviews.
The slimy media sensationalized this to a nauseating maximum naturally.

Pathetic journalism IMO.
As a 90% retired engineer who has been mis-quoted and taken out of context countless times, I will always be a firm believer that the "slimy media" cares little for accuracy and will intentionally sensationalize, dramatize, and print only what they think will sell their feeble attempt at journalism.
Please know that the scrupulous journalist, wherever he or she might be, still has my respect and has not been included in tthis mini rant of mine...lol....

He did raise some concerns but my attitude is wait and see. The proof of the pudding will be in the tasting....

Yes he did but what I found interesting is how he felt about the handling aspects. Which is his specialty.
The advanced electrical, control, diagnostics systems and computers in this car along with the massive mechanical changes seem to be the biggest questions. Based on the options we saw in a different “leak”, the car is going to be revolutionary for GM.
A blend of ultra luxury and top level performance which can compare with cars $100s of thousands more. That you can drive everyday and take to theoretically any Chevy dealer for a $250 service. (After the free ones)
If it all works out.... pretty amazing in my opinion. I just hope it looks fantastic in black. 😁

Reactions: 12cents and BDK
Speaking of Jim Mero,,,He’s one of the names I heard a long time ago. Like 15/20 years ago when I’d hang around at Shag,staring at the C5s in the showroom. I remember googling him and reading up a bit and thinking to myself,,,this guy would be the ultimate feedback guru on these cars.

I still to this day think what he has to say about anything Corvette is like the bible. If anything this guy is and was the modern day Zora,,,,in a drivers sense I mean. Not with pen in hand drawing body lines. The guy has over 20,000 laps in Germany. I’d tend to believe him.

Here’s a new article out In case you wondered why no C7 lap times were released. You guys drive em. Jimmy flies em.

650A2E6B-704B-436B-9C30-6C4AC971AAA1.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.