Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
GM has just filed for another C8 possible patent, a two part front moving below-splitter air dam, one that automatically adjusts to pavement height, yet also controls vehicle pitch. Now a total of 18 patents that could be on some version of the C8... Here’s the latest summary picture; if one wants details, including the entire 9 page patent issued by USPTO, all are at the the link. At the second link is similar page-by-age complete prints from USPTO on the previous 17.

641E0D94-677E-49D0-9F65-E992A896366D.jpeg

This latest C8 potential patent found, again, by Jeremy Welborn (“jagamajajaran”). Thanks Jag! Of course we all know that many patents are purely “defensively filed,” or are not brought to fruition for cost, assembly implementation issues, or other factors.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum....ehicle-ride-height-dependent-of-air-deflector

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum....deos/14236-list-of-17-c8-me-potential-patents

Last edited:
The long awaited C8 soon to be unveiled in July, I am sure many Corvette enthusiasts can hardly wait, I included. Almost ready to buy a C7, but may put it off to see what exactly the C8 will look like and how much more it will cost than the C7. Probably will be my last car I buy, so why not wait a little longer.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
The long awaited C8 soon to be unveiled in July, I am sure many Corvette enthusiasts can hardly wait, I included. Almost ready to buy a C7, but may put it off to see what exactly the C8 will look like and how much more it will cost than the C7. Probably will be my last car I buy, so why not wait a little longer.

Interesting for sure. I’m pretty happy with my C7 and curious definitely about the C8. But based on my C7 experience I know I’ll be waiting at least 2 years till the dealer gouging is over and the higher performance cars are rolled out.

Very valid in your area. Very valid in the U.S. are far as many waiting for the higher perf models, though the top three U.S. dealers who are collectively getting about 275 total C8 allocations every month, have all stated in writing that they will not sell above MSRP.

Reactions: ddgermann
Very valid in your area. Very valid in the U.S. are far as many waiting for the higher perf models, though the top three U.S. dealers who are collectively getting about 275 total C8 allocations every month, have all stated in writing that they will not sell above MSRP.

Yay great for the US customers. In Canada we will get bent over on low allocation and POS dealerships for a couple years till the market is flooded.
Nice that GM allows this.... not

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread