I got the Scotia Card when it first came out in 2015 and have negotiated over $12k (2 Corvettes no problem) and even used the Card for my max $5k deposit on each of 4 vehicles too. I love the no-limits of this Scotia Card (as the TD version before it stank big time) and ya I buy a lotta crap on the Card. It's a Great no-limit earning/redemption Card in my books :thumbs:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Bucketoy as the dealer is saying that a month ago GM was not accepting visa points so now they have to re=check it. As far as customer service goes this dealer has been "Lets just say less than adequate".

Thanks for the info Bucketoy as the dealer is saying that a month ago GM was not accepting visa points so now they have to re=check it. As far as customer service goes this dealer has been "Lets just say less than adequate".
The Scotia GM Dollars cost the Dealer nothing … it's just a redemption process.
I'd call the Scotia GM Visa hotline for more on this and not rely on a dealership rep to tell you.

BTW - once you find out from Scotia GM Visa themselves, you do not even have to tell
the dealership anything until you are sitting at the desk with the finance part of the deal.
That's the way it's been for me 4 times now … I do understand that it has to be at an
authorized dealership … which might be the issue that your dealership faces for
being able to help you out.

GM Reward Contact Centre 1-888-446-6232
(yes, the list of authorized GM dealerships along with ineligible vehicles can change at any time)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Bucketoy
Thanks for the information SN-III. I spoke to GM Concierge and they confirmed that the 2020 Corvette is covered for Visa points. However I will still verify this with the GM Reward Contact Centre.

Thanks for the information SN-III. I spoke to GM Concierge and they confirmed that the 2020 Corvette is covered for Visa points. However I will still verify this with the GM Reward Contact Centre.
Okee Dokee ... I never heard of an actual GM Dealership not being "authorized"
for the program ... or any other issues with the Scotia-program fine print ...
this would be a first ... so keep us posted as this should
not be an issue for you to have to have to spend time on.
I am watching this thread because my Scotia GM Dollars are building
toward my next purchase.

Good to see the GM$ 💰 working for the C8 purchases ...
it's pretty much the one good thing that comes from
when your Wife comes home from shopping with a new "outfit"
and extra bags have new shoes and jewelry to match 💸💸💸
- handing you the Scotia GM charge receipt. :angelic:

... as unhappy as I am with $10k in my kid’s University fees along with
her annual Auto & my "Yaught" Insurance renewals this month,
it is just over $200 in GM$ rewards added to the "new auto bank" by charging it !
🤣

Last edited:
GM Visa Points (Dollars) are expiring July 4 2026.
Dang it … not sure if I will have the need to redeem almost $8000 … it is 3 years away but dammit.
😡💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💸

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.