Nov 9, 2020
Thunder Bay
VetteCoins
Car
C8 2LT, E63AMG
Province
ON
Finally read the manual about cleaning and waxing. Apparently GM doesn’t want you to wax or do anything other than wash the car. “Application of aftermarket clearcoat sealant/wax materials is not recommended.”
Never seen this from a manufacturer before. But maybe I just don’t usually read the entire manual!

Finally read the manual about cleaning and waxing. Apparently GM doesn’t want you to wax or do anything other than wash the car. “Application of aftermarket clearcoat sealant/wax materials is not recommended.”
Never seen this from a manufacturer before. But maybe I just don’t usually read the entire manual!
Hello, Am I able to read this online anywhere as I don't have a C8 Manual?

It's a strange thing to state though I've not seen it. Paint is paint, yes each manufacturer has their application process but unless they're sprinkling fairy dust I don't think it's much more than legal getting their way here and limiting liability next time someone comes in making a warranty claim on a poor paint job.

But I would love to hear back the why behind this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.