Nov 9, 2020
Awards
Thunder Bay
VetteCoins
Car
C8 2LT, E63AMG
Province
ON
This is my first Corvette, so at first I didn't know about the wave but would always wave back if someone waved. Once I realized about the wave- I now wave at any Corvette or anything that looks like a Corvette, or at anyone who waves first or gives me the thumbs up- happens a lot up here where there aren't many sports cars.

G

GerryM

I'm New Here
May 6, 2022
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Corvette
Province
ON
I’m sorry but in my opinion (such as it is) the C8 is not a Corvette. I feel they should have named it Zora after the man who dreamed of the mid engine Corvette decades ago. They should continue with a front engine design for true Corvettes.. front engine Vettes I can spot easily C8s look too much like something out of Italy! Just my opinion…

Reactions: bobswanson400
harshadt

harshadt

Regular
Nov 9, 2020
Awards
Thunder Bay
VetteCoins
Car
C8 2LT, E63AMG
Province
ON
I’m sorry but in my opinion (such as it is) the C8 is not a Corvette. I feel they should have named it Zora after the man who dreamed of the mid engine Corvette decades ago. They should continue with a front engine design for true Corvettes.. front engine Vettes I can spot easily C8s look too much like something out of Italy! Just my opinion…
The C8 is more of a Corvette than than the Mustang Mach-E is a Mustang! Just wait until the C8 becomes even less of a Corvette when it loses its internal combustion engine!

B

bobswanson400

I'm New Here
May 7, 2022
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette
Province
BC
The C8 is more of a Corvette than than the Mustang Mach-E is a Mustang! Just wait until the C8 becomes even less of a Corvette when it loses its internal combustion engine!

Mustang is out of date imo

Reactions: Dik
JCWP

JCWP

AE4,D86, EFY, E60, FA5, J6N, N26,PDV, Q8T, Z51,FE4
Power User
Oct 8, 2016
Awards
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
GM isn't getting the complaints. The readers of "GM Authority" (catchy name, but it's neither GM nor THE authority on GM) are the ones who have mentioned it to GM Authority. I've heard those same comments from friends who own the prior generations of Corvette. When driving my C8, I always waved and sometimes didn't get a return wave...even from Corvette drivers that were in earlier generations. So it's hit and miss. I suspect that many of the C8 owners who don't wave, are new to the brand so they're unaware of this tradition. I always encourage anyone I talk to that owns a Corvette, to join either a local Corvette Club or a reputable Corvette Forum on the Web like this one, or better yet do both, so they're better educated about Corvettes in general and traditions like "save the wave". I hope all of you similarly recommend fellow Corvette owners join up. There's a wealth of info to be had on CCF.
Totally agree. I'd like to join a club; but, both are quite a ways away with our terrible traffic here in the GVA. ( Richmond & Langley) I live on the Northshore - so, would love to hook up with other corvette owners to go on cruises: to Squamish, Pemberton or the back road up past Pemberton to the Okanogan.

ABC

ABC

C8Bluray
Regular
Nov 29, 2019
Awards
Etobicoke
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 2LT Z51
Province
ON
Well, I am certainly a C8 owner that has saved the wave. That's not to say I may miss a few simply from not seeing the car until too late. But I joined the Corvette Club of Ontario and have had a blast as a first time vette owner.

Jack Raccoon!

Jack Raccoon!

Power User
Oct 22, 2019
Awards
Hamilton
VetteCoins
Province
ON
When I had a Mustang I waved to them, when I had a Challenger I waved to them. Yes I wave to the Corvette, if I see them lol...

Reactions: ABC

Users who are viewing this thread