Sep 9, 2014
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2015 CY Coupe
Wondering if anyone has any insight. My C7 was built and shipped last Wednesday. GM has told me on two occasions and my dealer has now confirmed that the car is in quality check in Windsor Ontario..This seems off to me. first I don't believe GM has quality control in Windsor Ontario anymore and second why check after it leaves the plant where it could actually be modified should a correction need to be made?

Does anyone know anything about this Windsor quality check process ? Is there such a thing? such a facility?

I believe the car is still in BG stuck in quality control and the shipping codes are errant but looking for any insights from team Canada?

Appreciate the insight as always!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hi greatcanadian,

There is no quality check in Windsor On. what status is your order at? If its 4300 and up its in transit. Surprisingly when the GM Order Status indicates that the vehicle is on transport from BG to Windsor, the vehicle has actually arrived at Windsor on that day. They scan it at the arrival in windsor instead of departure from BG.

Once the vehicle leaves BG on transport the first transporter drops it off with the next transporter at the border which then delivers it to the dealer within 48 hours usually. This is based on vehicles coming to my dealership in Brampton, ON.

If you were told that the vehicle has arrived Windsor, ON then you should get a call from your dealer within a couple of days to come pick it up. My guess is you will be driving it by the end of this week.

Enjoy.

Hi greatcanadian,

There is no quality check in Windsor On. what status is your order at? If its 4300 and up its in transit. Surprisingly when the GM Order Status indicates that the vehicle is on transport from BG to Windsor, the vehicle has actually arrived at Windsor on that day. They scan it at the arrival in windsor instead of departure from BG.

Once the vehicle leaves BG on transport the first transporter drops it off with the next transporter at the border which then delivers it to the dealer within 48 hours usually. This is based on vehicles coming to my dealership in Brampton, ON.

If you were told that the vehicle has arrived Windsor, ON then you should get a call from your dealer within a couple of days to come pick it up. My guess is you will be driving it by the end of this week.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the insight...very interesting...the car was actually received in Windsor last Friday. My dealer says he doesn't have the contacts to get any deeper into this...he too was told by GM it was in quality control in Windsor today. I have been told that since last Thursday...Maybe a case of waiting on a truck to load fully in Windsor? keep my fingers crossed!

thanks again for the insight

Windsor as pointed out is just a off loading and re-loading point. There is no quality control what so ever once it leaves BG. Probably just waiting for a vehicle to bring it to Toronto. Mine took a day from Windsor to TO.

I'm from the Windsor area originally very familiar with the auto shipping site at the rail yards there.

My car was offline on a Saturday and I picked it up on the following Friday. In fact it is very likely that both mine and C7Drivers cars shared a truck. Have you visited your dealer? I followed my car from BG and called the dealer and they told me they did not have the car. Ironically when I told the dealer I was driving there my car miraculously had just shown up. I can't imagine that you would not be driving your car this weekend.

Post pics and good luck

Owais was kind enough to help me track this down today...what a great guy..literally took the time to do my dealers job for me...I only wish I had of purchased the vehicle from him in the first place..

Anyway we were able to find out that it is sitting in Windsor and GM has put a hold on the shipment to dealer. We don't know why and have a district manager tracking this down as we speak. I am speculating that their truly is a quality control issue that they found at the plant after it left and they now need to check/fix my vehicle. I am speculating even further that it could be a paint issue. I read on the other corvette forum that someone on a plant tour last week saw only red cars in the reject area..that would have been a day or so after mine left..All speculation of course and i hope it is really nothing...

Will let you know what we find out..but it wont be hear for Thanksgiving weekend regardless..

Thanks again to Owais...This guy rocks!

Quick Update...two weeks since my car left Bowling green and my car is still sitting at a distribution center in Windsor due to Quality control. I did not order the PDR. I have escalated this to a District manager at GM last Wednesday but still they have no updates on why it cant be shipped up the 401 to my dealer...Missed a great fall thanksgiving weekend for sure here in Toronto.

GM Canada really needs to step up there communication protocol with the customer...The customer experience is one of the worst I have experienced.

The shining light is I know the car will be phenomenal and worth the wait at some point.

That is ust crazy. I know my car sat in Windsor for 5 days and it seemed like forever. It wasn't tagged as QC was just in transit. Owais finally called, looked into and got his boss to poke someone to get it moving.

I feel your frustration, the days are getting shorter :(.

Just trying to figure out when I'm going to put mine to bed for the winter.

That is ust crazy. I know my car sat in Windsor for 5 days and it seemed like forever. It wasn't tagged as QC was just in transit. Owais finally called, looked into and got his boss to poke someone to get it moving.

I feel your frustration, the days are getting shorter :(.

Just trying to figure out when I'm going to put mine to bed for the winter.

Owais has been a big help to me as well..I am a total stranger to him and he stepped right up to set me in the right direction...I only wish I had of bought my car from such a competent advisor and dealership

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.